Maison Harmonie at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Just north of the Dordogne river, overlooking open countryside from the glorious swimming pool, is the charming Maison Harmonie, a sensitively restored old stone house. With the water’s edge just ten minutes away and beautiful Bergerac also short drive, this is the perfect place for guests to relax yet enjoy exploring this wonderful region.
Step in to a home full of character with exposed stonework, marble and pisé stairs, wooden beams, a beautifully restored fireplace in the living area and chestnut parquet flooring in the bedrooms. Each of the pretty four bedrooms, located across two wings of the house, has its own shower room and other modern amenities include an iPod dock, Blu-ray DVD and an Xbox 360. This is a well-equipped house where guests can appreciate the rustic and traditional ambience in great comfort.
Step outside in the summer to the delightful scents of climbing roses and swathes of lavender. You can...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
Beds & Bath
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The Dordogne is known as the valley of 1000 chateaux with endless pretty medieval villages, fine wines, truffles, local markets and spectacular valleys and rivers. The Dordogne river offers great kayaking, canoeing and unparalleled views of the countryside. Maison Harmonie is located near a tiny village just north to the Dordogne. You can drive south to charming Lalinde (9km), a market town on the Dordogne river, where you can pick up your groceries, find pretty shops and dine in excellent restaurants plus don’t miss the excellent market on a Thursday morning. The idyllic village of Tremolat (11km) is also a short drive where you can dine in the Michelin starred restaurant, famous in the area or try out some watersports on the river. The Dordogne region hosts a wealth of beautiful villages and towns, many of them classed as France’s Plus Beaux Villages such as glorious Monpazier (35km), a bastide town dating back to the 13th century. To the north you have the sophisticated small city of Périgueux (42km), famous for its amazing black truffles and to the east should visit Sarlat (52km) with its maze of medieval narrow streets, lovely squares and amazing restaurants. Not forgetting beautiful Bergerac (23km) to the west with its medieval architecture as well as the unmissable Maisons de Vins. Other magical day trips include the Lascaux caves, just outside Montignac and beautiful Limeuil, where the Vézère river meets the Dordogne and you can paddle by the river beach or enjoy some fine views from Parc Limeuil after wandering through the delightful village. In addition, head to La Roque Gageac, Château de Beynac or Castelnaud-la-Chapelle for a remarkable day out in the Dordogne. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding, to tennis, mountain-biking, golfing and watersports, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities in the area. Teens will love the nearby waterparks near Bergerac, visiting the Aquarium du Perigord Noir in Le Bugue, exploring prehistoric caves and historic castles or even a magnificent hot air balloon ride across the stunning region. The more adventurous may enjoy go-karting just south of Périgueux or tree-top activities in the forests near Sarlat or Bergerac.
Let’s try that again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €610 charged to the clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, including air-conditioning which is available in all bedrooms.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. Included in low season. From end of May to end of September, heating is on request and at a supplement.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean on Thursday included for stays of two weeks or more. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Friday. Other days may be possible on request in mid-season (end of May-mid July & September, approximately) for bookings of 7+ nights only.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Tax : Tourist tax of €0.60 pp/pn, paid locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. For stays of over 7 nights, a change of linen can be arranged for a supplement of €25 per person. This must be requested in advance.
- Pool heating charge? : Incuded. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : High chairs and cots are available for hire at a cost of €25 for each item per week (limited availability, to be pre-booked).
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open approximately from end of May to end of September, subject to weather conditions.
- Other Ts and Cs : Lower rates for 6 guests are only available outside the high season.
- Other Ts and Cs : A/C is only available in all bedrooms.