Maison Hansel at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Just 3km from the enchanting village of Tremolat is the beautiful and characterful Maison Hansel, a wonderful place to relax in the colourful gardens or by the glorious swimming pool. This is the heart of the Dordogne and within a short drive you can be exploring some of the region’s most famous and idyllic villages and towns.
Enter through the heavy oak doors to be greeted by the traditional living and dining space with terracotta flooring, a grand stone fireplace, wood burning stove and a high ceiling with exposed wooden beams. Large windows overlooking the pool and gardens bring in natural light making it a very pleasant place to relax. The modern and well-equipped kitchen contrasts the otherwise characterful features with pretty French windows leading outside.
There are three pretty and simple bedrooms, two of them upstairs with solid chestnut parquet flooring plus two first floor shower rooms, one of which has recently...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The Dordogne is known as the valley of 1000 chateaux with endless pretty medieval villages, fine wines, truffles, local markets and spectacular valleys and rivers. Both the Vézère and the Dordogne rivers offer great kayaking, canoeing and unparalleled views of the countryside. Nearby Tremolat (3km) is an enchanting village on a hill overlooking the Dordogne. It has a Michelin starred restaurant as well as some pretty shops and other places to eat and a great base for watersports (windsurfing, water skiing and sailing) at Le Bassin Nautique. Don’t miss beautiful Limeuil (10km), where the Vézère meets the Dordogne and you can paddle by the river beach or enjoy some fine views from Parc Limeuil after wandering through the delightful village. Mauzac-et-Grand-Castang (4.5km) is another great place to eat out or explore the little shops and sometimes has an evening market during the summer months. It’s a little further to the market towns or Lalinde (11.5km) or Le Bugue (12.5km) where you can a good choice of supermarkets, banks and other town facilities as well as their bustling weekly markets. Many of the villages in the Dordogne region are classed as France’s Plus Beaux Villages such as glorious Monpazier, a bastide town dating back to the 13th century. To the north you have the sophisicated small city of Périgueux, famous for its amazing black truffles and to the east should visit Sarlat with its maze of medieval narrow streets, lovely squares and amazing restaurants. Not forgetting beautiful Bergerac to the west with its medieval architecture, narrow streets of boutiques and great restaurants as well as the unmissable Maisons de Vins. Other magical day trips include the Lascaux caves, just outside Montignac or head to La Roque Gageac, Château de Beynac or Castelnaud-la-Chapelle for remarkable days out in the Dordogne. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding and a nearby pony club to tennis, mountain-biking (cycle up to the Cingle de Tremolat), golfing and watersports, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities in the area. Children will love the nearby waterparks, visiting the Aquarium du Perigord Noir and Jungle Golf in Le Bugue, exploring prehistoric caves and historic castles or even a magnificent hot air balloon ride across the stunning region. The more adventurous may enjoy go-karting just south of Périgueux or tree-top activities in the forests near Sarlat or Bergerac.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €700 charged to the clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. Included in low season. From end of May to end of September, heating is on request and at a supplement.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean on Monday included for stays of two weeks or more. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday. Other days may be possible on request in mid-season (end of May-mid July & September, approximately) for bookings of 7+ nights only.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Tax : Tourist tax of €0.60 pp/pn, paid locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. For stays of over 7 nights, a change of linen can be arranged for a supplement of €25 per person. This must be requested in advance.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : High chairs and cots are available for hire at a cost of €25 for each item per week (limited availability, to be pre-booked).
- Security deposit : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Lower rates for 4 guests are only available outside the peak season.