Les Tournesols at Occitanie
In the heart of rural Gascony is the charming Les Tournesols, an idyllic stone house that has been beautifully renovated by its owners. Here your pace will immediately slow down as you immerse yourself in the real France in comfort and style with some of the most magnificent landscapes and villages in the country.
Set in vast grounds with a long private driveway, this former Maison de Maître has been sensitively restored to create a unique and stylish home. With travertine floors throughout, exposed beams and stonework, plus an open stone fireplace and some antique pieces the owners have ensured the home remains true to its past whilst adding contemporary features and modern style. The open-plan living space is remarkable with light streaming through the room, elegant furnishings and an impressive kitchen with a Falcon style range and a central marble topped island, allowing keen cooks ample room to prepare feasts for their...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Gascony, or The Gers department, is one of the most rural regions of France with stunning landscapes, beautiful local villages and towns and a fantastic reputation for its gastronomy with local markets displaying a great variety of fresh fruit and vegetables, cheese and meat as well as the unmissable foie gras and confits. The closest facilities to Les Tournesols are in the little village of Saint Clar where you will find a supermarket, small shops and restaurants. Visit on a Thursday morning for the village market and make sure you pick up some Lomagne white garlic which is in season from July to December. The market towns of Fleurance and Lectoure are a little further but amazing places to pick up all sorts of local delights and their weekly morning markets, both a short drive away. The city of Auch can be reached in under an hour with its old quarter raised high above the Gers river and its incredible cathedral. There are other pretty villages and hamlets in the area to explore. Three of Frances ‘Plus Beaux Villages’, Fourcès, Larresingle and Montréal du Gers can be visited in a day and the town of Condom, with further amenities, including a Michelin-starred restaurant as well as boat rental, is only forty minutes away. There is so much to do in this beautiful, rural part of Gascony; cycling, golf, horse-riding and hiking. Head to Beaucaire to hire canoes on the River Baise and a little further south at Castéra-Verduzan there is a lake for swimming with waterslides. This is also Grand Armagnac country, if you have a taste for the drink then there are plenty of opportunities to visit local producers and guided tours as well as tastings can be arranged.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 charged to the clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, except air-conditioning which is available in all bedrooms on request.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. Included in low season. From end of May to end of September, heating is on request and at extra charge.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean on Monday included for stays of two weeks or more. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday. Other days may be possible on request in mid-season (end of May-mid July & September, approximately) for bookings of 7+ nights only.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. For stays of over 7 nights, a change of linen can be arranged for a supplement of €25 per person. This must be requested in advance.
- Pool heating charge? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : High chairs and cots are available for hire at a cost of €25 for each item per week (limited availability, to be pre-booked).
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : The maximum number of guests is 12: 8 adults + 4 children. Please note the children dormitory is only available for guests paying the full occupancy rate.
- Other Ts and Cs : For six guests or less, lower rates are available outside the high season
- Tax : Mandatory tourist tax to be paid locally.