Ta Pina Farmhouse at
Ta Pina Farmhouse is a simple yet prettily authentic local style farmhouse, emanating rustic charm and provincial style, set outside the northwestern coast of the undiscovered island of Gozo.
Brimming with local flavour, this airily proportioned home can accommodate up to 9 guests in simplicity, serenity and comfort. Relaxed open plan living sets the scene for vibrant group or family time while wandering out to the terrace, first-floor balcony or walled gardens will see guests in the temperate sea airs of Gozo.
A large, open-plan living space features dining space, comfortable sitting room area and well-equipped kitchen, with sumptuous views and abundant natural daylight. With exposed timber beams, flagstone flooring and use of local style, this home is every inch the genuine ticket to old-school Maltese living. Understated, cosy and home-like, its tranquillity is remarkable, while its unpretentious finishes make...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Ta Pina Farmhouse is nestled in a tranquil spot outside the charming village of Gharb, set a little inland from the north-west coast of the island of Gozo, in the Maltese Archipelago. Gozo is the sister island of Malta, accessible by a 25-minute ferry crossing from Malta, it is the second-largest island in the archipelago, and the second largest of the three inhabited Maltese Islands. With a population of just 37,000 (7,000 of these in the capital Rabat, also known as Victoria), the island covers an area of 26² miles. A special place, Gozo is like Malta in years gone-by, offering a slower pace of life, friendly locals, wonderful seafood and a temperate climate all year round. Less commercial and industrialised than Malta, it offers an intriguing array of historical sites, including the awe-inspiring Megalithic Ggantija Temples. From any point in Gozo, the sea is no more than ten minutes away. Constant, gentle currents keep it clear and clean, making Gozo an ideal destination for diving, fishing and sea kayaking. Set on the outskirts of the village of Gharb (which means western in Maltese), Għarb is a particularly attractive and interesting village and one of Gozo’s oldest. Archaeological excavations have revealed the remains of Neolithic and Bronze Age settlements, while the village retains its original character and rural feel. Many of the population still work in the surrounding fields, handicrafts such as mouth-blown glass, Gozo lace and pottery are still common. The capital of the island, Victoria (or Rabat as is the original name) is the place to head for Gozo’s cultural scene, with festivals and open-air events throughout the year. Home to many of the island’s key historical sights, like the Citadel and the magnificent St George’s Basilica, it is also known for its excellent seafood restaurants, pretty terraces and island charm.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : There is no damage deposit, however guests should be aware that they are fully resonsible for any loss or damaged caused during their stay.
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen and bath towels are included in the rental price. Please bring your own pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Energy costs are included, except air-conditioning which is operated with 1 and 2 euro coins (€1 can last up to 1 hour)
- Internet access? : The property has complimentary Wi-fi connection. It is good to note that the speed is dependent on local provider and technical issues may cause reduced speed or cut of service.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from mid-July to mid-Septemer, 4 nights otherwise
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : One cot is provided free of charge. Second cot and highchairs are €5/day per item
- Tax : The ecotax is €0.50/night for all guests over 18 years of age, capped at €5/person per stay. To be paid on arrival