Cute Charming 4 Bedroom Family Home with Pool in Southern Dordogne
In a tiny hamlet in southern Dordogne, just a short drive from 13th century Monpazier, one of France’s Plus Beaux Villages, is the beautiful Maison Douce, a charming four bedroom family home with its own lovely swimming pool.
Head through the heavy oak door and you will immediately feel the warm ambience of this old stone house. The owners have recently renovated it to a high standard with great style and attention to detail. The comfortable sitting room is full of character with its exposed stonework, a grand fire-place and wood beamed ceilings whilst the immaculate kitchen-diner, with its impressive range style cooker, is the perfect place to meet for a convivial meal, tasting fine wines from the region. The four bedrooms on the lower and upper floors are individual in style with pretty details, lovely artwork and good quality furnishings, making this a wonderful place for families or friends.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The Dordogne is known as the valley of 1000 chateaux with endless pretty medieval villages, fine wines, truffles, local markets and spectacular valleys and rivers. The Dordogne river offers great kayaking, canoeing and unparalleled views of the countryside. Maison Douce is located in a tiny hamlet in southern Dordogne. The nearest village is Cadouin (5km), famous for its abbey, where you will find some small shops and restaurants, or you can head to the small village of Saint-Avit-Sénieur, where there’s a café-brasserie and summer concerts in the ruins of the old abbey. Further north is Le Buisson (9km) with supermarkets and other town facilities, plus places to swim in the Dordogne, or you can head to Beaumont (14km), a lovely bastide town with further restaurants and some nice little shops and galleries. In the summer check out the weekly night market for an atmospheric and truly Dordogne experience. The Dordogne region hosts a wealth of beautiful villages and towns, many of them classed as France’s Plus Beaux Villages such as glorious Monpazier (9km), a bastide town dating back to the 13th century. To the north you have the sophisticated small city of Périgueux, famous for its amazing black truffles and to the north-east should visit Sarlat with its maze of medieval narrow streets, lovely squares and amazing restaurants. Not forgetting beautiful Bergerac to the west with its medieval architecture as well as the unmissable Maisons de Vins. Combine with charming Issigeac, another charming medieval village en route. Other magical day trips include the Lascaux caves, just outside Montignac and beautiful Limeuil, where the Vézère river meets the Dordogne and you can paddle by the river beach or enjoy some fine views from Parc Limeuil after wandering through the delightful village. In addition, head to La Roque Gageac, Château de Beynac or Castelnaud-la-Chapelle for a remarkable day out in the Dordogne. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding, to tennis, mountain-biking, golfing and watersports, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities in the area. Teens will love the nearby waterparks, visiting the Aquarium du Perigord Noir in Le Bugue, exploring prehistoric caves and historic castles or even a magnificent hot air balloon ride across the stunning region. The more adventurous may enjoy go-karting just south of Périgueux or tree-top activities in the forests near Sarlat.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €650 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. Included in low season. From end of May to end of September, heating is on request and at a supplement.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean on Thursday included for stays of two weeks or more.
- Changeover day : Friday. Other days may be possible on request in mid-season (end of May-mid July & September, approximately) for bookings of 7+ nights only.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and by prior arrangement with the owner. Please enquire at the time of booking.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Tax : Tourist tax of €0.60 pp/pn, paid locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, excluding pool towels. For stays of over 7 nights, a change of linen can be arranged for a supplement of €25 per person. This must be requested in advance.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : High chairs and cots are available for hire at a cost of €25 for each item per week (limited availability, to be pre-booked).
- Other Ts and Cs : Lower rates for 4 guests are only available outside the peak season.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.