Villa Severa at Sicilia
Nestling within a green oasis of calm in a laid-back residential area of the Sicilian countryside and close to the coastal city of Acireale is grand Villa Severa. Its spacious interior is matched by the extensive outside space that offers several different areas for dining, swimming and relaxing. With the coast just half an hour away by car, you can also spend days unwinding on the beach and enjoying long walks.
The villa sleeps up to six guests in three upstairs bedrooms that each have their own personality and feel. One has fresh, white walls tastefully complemented by items of classic wood furniture. The other two offer warm pops of colour and a cosy feel from the wood ceilings and floors.
Downstairs is where the authentic atmosphere of the villa can really be felt. The thick walls, stone features and tiled floors of the main living space make it a characterful place to spend time with the family. There are two...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Severa occupies a pretty spot within a residential area that's surrounded by lush, green landscapes. A couple of restaurants, shops, a cake shop and supermarket are within a five-minute drive, but you'll probably want to head to nearby Acireale for a greater choice of amenities. Just a short drive away is Casa delle Farfalle. This attraction is sure to be a hit with children in particular, with the park and garden being home to a butterfly house, playground and picnic area. The city of Acireale is less than 15 minutes away by car and sits in an impressive position at the foot of Mount Etna. Therefore it's not surprising that it gives spectacular views over the Ionian Sea. The city is full of Baroque buildings, with some of the most beautiful being Piazza del Duomo, the church of San Pietro e Paolo and the Basilica of San Sebastiano. If you visit in February, you may be lucky enough to experience one of Sicily's most famous festivals. For one week this month, flower-covered floats and masked parades make their way down the streets, with plenty of music and atmosphere. Enjoy sandy beaches along the coast close to the ancient city of Catania. One of the most popular is La Playa, as it boasts golden sand and plenty of family-friendly facilities. Catania is also a history-lover's paradise, with stunning buildings dotted all over the city. Highlights include Palazzo Biscari and the Cathedral of Sant’Agata. Famous Mount Etna is around a 40-minute drive from the villa. This still-active volcano is a sight not to be missed, with its lunar-like landscapes that you can hike around. If you're not feeling that active, you can still explore the area by cable car. A ride will take you right up to the summit itself. Boasting centuries of history and a lovely hilltop setting is the town of Taormina. Its most famous structure is probably the ancient Greco-Roman theatre, Teatro Antico di Taormina. Also drive around 20 minutes south of the town to marvel at the archaeological park and museum of Naxos, which features remains of what is considered to be the first ancient Greek colony in Sicily.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €300 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 2.30 p.m. - 8.00 p.m. Arrivals between 8.00 p.m. and 11.00 p.m., if agreed, will be charged €50 (paid locally).
- Departure time : 9.00 a.m. - 10.30 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Electricity, heating and air-conditioning is included up to 250kWh per week. Excess charged at €0.30 per Kwh (paid locally).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, plus mid-week change of towels. Bed linen changed weekly for stays longer than a week.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. Any other durations on request.
- Heating costs included? : See energy costs.
- Tax : Tourist Tax included.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pool towels included? : Yes, plus midweek change for stays longer than a week.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately mid-April to end-September (on request until October). Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Highchair and cot available on request. Extra €7 per cot, per night (payable locally).
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.