Trulli Masciarola at Puglia
Tucked away between the Puglian hills and Salento plains, this lovingly restored trullo - a traditional stone cottage with a conical roof - is perfect for a relaxing break. The exteriors are white and natural stone, typical of the Itria Valley, which is surrounded by nature.
There is a beautiful turquoise private pool - enjoy a peaceful swim in the sunshine whilst kids will appreciate its ‘beach’ style feature. A lush green lawn encapsulates the pool and decking area, which has sun loungers. The garden is dotted with fragrant olive trees and a vegetable patch with seasonal produce is available to guests. For those who like to cook outdoors, there is also a traditional barbecue.
Guests can enjoy an al-fresco meal in either the furnished gazebo, with comfortable bench seating, or out on the covered terrace. Step into the living room, where there is a cosy fireplace, plush floral sofas and colourful art. There is a...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
This villa is nestled within the countryside of Puglia, just 3km from Ceglie Messapica, a charming town wrapped in greenery with beautiful architecture. There are restaurants a short drive away and there is a tennis club nearby, as well as a famous dairy farm close to the villa. In the nearby vicinity, there are plenty of hiking trails to make the most of the lush greenery and fresh air. The best way to explore Ceglie Messapica is on foot through its winding streets and piazzas, to the Ducal Castle and the ancient churches in the area. The Old Town is charming and has a distinctive Moorish style in the architecture. The town is also known for its superb gastronomy and traditional family-run restaurants. There are wine tasting tours nearby - some regional wine would be a great souvenir, or perhaps some famous Ceglia biscotti. If visiting in September, be sure to check out the Giovedi festival, which is a countryside party where vineyards seek to empty their barrels of the previous year's wine in preparation for the new harvest. It's a great way to get an insight into local life. Just outside town, Grotte di Castellona is a cave that is fascinating to explore, with narrow passageways and caverns to wriggle through. Perched atop the green hillside, the whitewashed town of Ostuni is great for exploring. The drive to reach Ostuni is captivating, although the town itself is best navigated on foot, made up of a warren of winding streets with traditional houses, green doors and olive trees. Visit the 15th-century cathedral, which blends Byzantine, Gothic and Romanesque influences. On Saturday morning there is a local market with crafts - perfect for a stroll. Other idyllic towns to explore include Cisternino, Martina Franca and the amazing trulli of Alberobello, only half an hour by car. For a beach day, a great option nearby is Torre Canne, where you will find natural hot springs for a therapeutic soak. Torre Guaceto from the villa is a heavenly beach with superb snorkelling around the coral reef. It is part of a marine and nature reserve - the beach has a calm, family-friendly atmosphere and dazzling water.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Extra €5 per towel, payable locally.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €230, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.