The serene and gorgeous Villa Basileus is nestled on the hillside close to the fabulous Elia Beach on the cosmopolitan party island of Mykonos, a whitewashed paradise in the heart of the Cyclades. The villa is just 10km from Mykonos town and 3km from the stunning village of Ano Mera, the home of the beautifully restored, 16th century Panagia Tourliani Monastery.
Though Mykonos is ultra-popular with rich and famous partygoers, there is much more to this stunning island. It is profoundly beautiful, teeming with sugar-cube chalk-white buildings accentuated with vibrant blue doors and shutters, history and culture, picturesque windmills, boutique hotels, dazzling colourful flowers and stunning beaches. It is progressive with gay and nude beaches. Despite being commonly held to be one of the most expensive and exclusive Greek islands, Mykonos holds enduring appeal.
Villa Basileus is elegant and stylish with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Mykonos is talked about in the same breathy terms as Ibiza or Miami. It has been popular with A-list celebrities since the Fifties and Sixties when stars such as Brigitte Bardot and Jackie Onassis understood its attractions. It is upmarket, stunningly beautiful and offers chic hospitality. It is a party lover’s paradise, but it is also a whitewashed, glimmering Grecian gem waiting to be explored. There are stunning beaches, glamorous beach clubs, swanky restaurants, lush hillsides and azure waters. Villa Basileus is situated on the hillside above the beautiful, idyllic Elia Beach. The beach is gorgeous with silvery-white sand, Mykonos’ longest sweep of sand and popular with families. The rainbow flag at the end of the beach marks this as an LGBT friendly stretch of sand. Platys Gialos Beach is 5km southeast of Mykonos Town and is wide and beautiful with many restaurants and bars. You can catch water taxis from Elia Beach to Platys Gialos. Other popular beaches are Psarou Beach, Paraga Beach, Paradise Beach which is the famous party beach with bars spilling out into the sand and dominated by eponymous clubs, Super Paradise Beach and Agios Ioannis Beach. There are 25 beaches in total! Platys Gialos and Kalafatis are particularly good for water sports. Ano Mera is very pretty. You can meander through the delightful streets and get a feel for how people lived before the tourist boom. The Panagia Tourlaina and Paleokastro Monasteries are centuries old and definitely worth a visit. After the beaches, Mykonos Town or Hora as it is known, is the second-biggest attraction of the island. The enchanting warren of narrow lanes, bedecked with colourful bougainvillaea and lined with picturesque churches, charming restaurants, quirky art galleries and chic boutiques, is somewhere you can meander for hours. There are interesting museums, including the Archaeological Museum and the Aegean Maritime Museum. Hora is a shoppers paradise with casual fashion, souvenirs and jewellery being sold in Little Venice, Greek designers on Matogliani and fantastic art in Mavrogenous Street. The open-air cinema is another delight of Hora.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid in cash or card to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price.
- Internet access? : Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access included in rental price
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Baby cot and highchair are available at no extra cost, please request at booking time
- Other 2 : The sofa bed in the living room can sleep up to 2 additional guests
- Other 3 : Deposit on this property is 50% of the full price.