Le Celle at Toscana
Le Celle has been a part of the glorious landscape in the area surrounding the historic town of Cortona for many centuries. Offering sweeping views over the unspoilt countryside to all those lucky enough to visit this idyllic hillside spot, it’s the perfect place to get away from it all.
The wider area is dotted with farms and woodland; providing you with long walks and bike rides through the scenic surroundings. Nature lovers will also enjoy exploring the beautiful landscapes of nearby Lake Trasimeno Regional Park, with lots of wildlife and beaches to discover.
At the heart of this characterful villa is a tower dating back to the 14th-century. Along with the rest of the property, it underwent a recent and tasteful renovation to create spacious accommodation for up to eight people. But there’s still a wealth of historic features to admire throughout Le Celle, such as wood beams and floors made with original clay...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Around 15 minutes away by car is the historic town of Cortona (5km). It's where to go to stock up on groceries, as well as enjoy drinks and meals in its great choice of bars and restaurants. Other amenities include a pharmacy and a bank. Cortona is well-known for its shops that sell handmade items and also the famous vino nobile red wine that's produced at the vineyards in and around Montepulciano (33km). Cortona boasts a wealth of historic, and even ancient, sites of interest. Admire Renaissance-era buildings, such as Palazzo del Popolo and the cathedral. Also explore the Etruscan Academy Museum and Archaeological Park with its 11 ancient sites. Highlights include the remains of Roman roads, city fortifications and Etruscan tombs. The nearby city of Arezzo (36km) is full of history and stunning buildings. Must-visits include the cathedral and the Basilica di San Francesco. Other cultural highlights are the cities of Umbertide (40km) with its medieval fortress, and Città di Castello (52km). The latter is an art lover's paradise. Marvel at 15th-century frescoes created by famous Italian Renaissance painters in the Church of San Domenico, then visit Palazzo Vitelli alla Cannoniera to stroll around the Municipal Art Gallery (Pinacoteca) and discover paintings by Lorenzetti and Raphael. Perugia (50km) is famous for its chocolate, and you can take a tour around the factory located just outside the city. You'll learn all about the chocolate-making process and even get to sample some of the sweet stuff. In the heart of the city itself are many medieval and Renaissance structures, such as the well-known Fontaine Maggiore; a marble fountain carved with zodiac signs and biblical scenes.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3.00 p.m. - 6.30 p.m. Late arrivals, if agreed, will be charged €40 (paid locally).
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included up to 250KW. Excess charged extra.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost, payable locally.
- Changeover day : Saturday. Other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. Other durations on request.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €250, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Smoking Allowed? : Not allowed.
- Internet access? :
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and highchair are available at an extra cost of €50, payable locally. A pushchair and baby bath are also available at an extra cost - please enquire.
- Other Ts and Cs : Children's bikes are available at an extra cost - please enquire.