Villa Orchidea at Emilia-Romagna
In the glorious countryside of Emilia-Romagna yet just a short drive to the bustling beaches of the Adriatic Riviera, Villa Orchidea is all about homely Italian charm with wonderful views from its sparkling infinity pool.
With landscapes of rolling hills around you, this is a picture-perfect countryside setting, ideal for keen photographers or artists. Gaze out towards perched medieval villages in the distance or catch a glimpse of the sea as you wander around the gardens. Relax on the al-fresco terrace with family or friends enjoying fine Italian wine and delectable cuisine as you take in the scenery or admire the views from the inviting swimming pool with its poolside terrace and sunloungers.
The owners of this welcoming villa have taken great care to lovingly furnish it with pieces brought back from their far-away adventures – there’s a true sense of character alongside comfort in the spacious living room with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In a hillside position with lovely views of the Emilia Romagna countryside (close to the border of Le Marche), Villa Orchidea is located just 8km from the beaches of Cattolica. Accessed via an unmade road, you are surrounded by rolling hills, patchwork fields, rural farmland and other houses dotted around as well as the Adriatic coast in the distance. Yet you do not feel isolated with a convenient small town with shops, a supermarket and restaurants within a five to ten minute drive. You are also close to the charming historic village of Saludecio(8km), a delightful place to explore with its pretty café-bars, small local shops and a weekly market in the old town square. If you are staying in the summer look out for the evening market on Saturdays and there are also various festivities or cultural events throughout the year. Within a short drive you can be on the shores of the Adriatic Riviera with Cattolica (8km) also so near. This long stretch of coast is all about beach and Italian family fun. Loved by the Italians at weekends and in the height of the summer, there are many lidos offering sun-beds and parasols as well as beachside cafes and sea-food restaurants lining the promenade. Some of the beach clubs have sports activities, games and children’s pools and there are endless watersports and pedaloes. Families will also love the aquarium with its sharks, penguins and hundreds of sea creatures. For those seeking more idyllic landscapes, head to the beautiful Parco Naturale Monte San Bartolo (12km), a nature reserve where you will find delightful hillside villages, incredible countryside and amazing sea-views. Find steep footpaths that take you down to secluded coves or wild beaches such as Fiorenzuola di Focara (17km). As well as fantastic hiking and cycling, you will also find horse-riding or you may just prefer to explore the winding roads by car with breathtaking views at every turn. Tourist boats also visit the nature park from resorts further up the coast. The popular seaside resort of Rimini (27km) is also close by or head further north to the tranquil salt pans of Cervia in the beautiful Po Delta Park. The city of Ravenna (80km) will inspire art, music and history lovers with its historic mosaics, exceptional music festival in May/June as well as eight UNESCO World Heritage sites. Further into the hinterland of Le Marche, Urbino (39km) is an incredible place to visit. Now classified as a UNESCO World Heritage site, Urbino, you can visit one of Italy’s most important Renaissance palaces, Palazzo Ducale, which now houses the impressive Galleria Nazionale delle Marche with an amazing collection of artwork. The enchanting and tiny country of San Marino (25km) is also nestled near the Emilia-Romagna and Le Marche border and worthy of a visit. With a fascinating history, it’s a spectacular place with wonderful food, magical castles and breathtaking scenery. It’s no wonder it’s now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500/£500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure in the same currency, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €200, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations or request.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Pets welcome? : Small pets are welcome on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and discreet celebrations are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag and hen parties are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and highchair are available, on request.
- Other Ts and Cs :