Dimora Di Rosanna at Toscana
Dimora Di Rosanna is a luxurious villa, located in the rolling Chianti hills which has roots in the thirteenth-century. This incredible medieval home has been lovingly cared for over the years and has been tastefully modernised to suit the needs of holidaymakers who wish to enjoy a typically Tuscan home with modern touches.
The home can sleep up to 12 people and as it is divided up into two suites, a spacious bedroom and a stand-alone annexe, there is plenty of space for families or groups of friends to go off and have some privacy. The beautiful communal areas of the house are great spaces to come together for a drink or a meal in the evening after a busy day. The dining areas and spacious living room are sympathetically decorated to reflect the age of the house. In fact, many materials and wall decorations are originals and a careful job has been done to uncover original wall colours and to preserve original stone. Despite...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Dimora Di Rosanna is situated at the heart of rural Tuscany in the breath-taking Chianti area. The villa is immersed in rolling hills and beautiful countryside which is ideal for walking and hiking and nearby you will find a selection of local restaurants and shops. Chianti is an area filled with hill-top villages and incredible scenery, but it is best known for the wine that the area is named after. If you are a lover of Chianti wine or would like to see how wine is produced, then within 10km of the villa you will discover the Cantina Antinori winery which is one of the most famous in Italy. There are also many smaller vineyards close by where you can take part in tours and wine tasting events, many of these include lunch. There are lots small villages and hamlets within easy reach of the house, you could visit a new one each day if you wished. These pretty villages have small shops, restaurants and markets and you will often find monuments, ancient churches and Renaissance villas to explore. The villa is also perfectly positioned for when you wish to visit larger towns and places that are a little further out. Here you are in the heart of Tuscany where bigger cities enclose the Chianti hills. San Gimignano is a great place to visit for a day out; there is more to see than in the smaller villages without it being too busy or overwhelming and it is just 26km away. The Etruscan settlement of San Gimignano is dominated by its incredible collection of medieval towers inside the city walls. This UNESCO World Heritage site is packed with things to see including the cathedral and town hall. The villa is also situated halfway between the famous cities of Florence and Siena, both of which are under a 40-minute drive away. If you get chance to visit these cities make sure to leave early so you can visit all of the best attractions before the biggest crowds descend, leaving lots of time for trying the local cuisine and wine in a gorgeous piazza in the afternoon. Siena is the smaller of the two cities but is still filled with historic buildings, art and culture. The 13<sup>th</sup>-century Duomo (Cathedral) is a must-see and lovers of art and history will adore the frescos in the town hall which also offers incredible views from the terrace. Siena is also host to a famous horse race known as the Palio where each of the seventeen city wards or contrade are represented in the medieval style race. If you are in town in July or August make sure to stop and watch or join in the festivities which happen in the palio week including parades and meals in the streets. Florence is also a straight-forward 30km drive from the villa and is a wonderful place to visit. There are incredible restaurants and bars that spill out into pretty town squares and lots of shops too including the jewellery stores on the Ponte Vecchio bridge. Florence is best known for its art and culture and is the home of the amazing Uffizi art gallery and the Palazzo Vecchio which has been a fortress, palace and now town hall over its 700-year history
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit card details are required 2 weeks prior to departure for pre-authorisation.
- Arrival time : 2.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights approximately June to September, Christmas and New Year. 3 nights during all other periods.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : This property sleeps 10 guests comfortably, whilst a further 2 guests may be accommodated on a double sofa bed. Please see the 'Features' tab for full details.
- Other Ts and Cs : Quiet and non-intrusive property managers live on-site with their family, they will be very happy to help.