Palazzo Carolina at Sicilia
Elegant and beautifully-furnished, Palazzao Carolina sits in a fantastic spot close to a sandy beach on the southeastern Sicilian coast, with several seaside towns also easy to reach. These include Avola with its historical sightseeing and walks in a nearby nature reserve that’s bursting with plants, wildlife and river gorge rock basins for swimming. The beach is just a 10-minute walk away, so you can be relaxing on golden sands in no time at all.
The villa features stylish décor throughout, with high attention to detail and luxurious touches. Nods to the pretty outside space can be found in many of the rooms also, with leafy plants and nature-inspired features creating a tranquil feel. The open-plan living space is where you’ll find the most restful atmosphere, with a comfortable sofa inviting you to sit down and take the weight off your feet. A dining table is perfectly placed by the modern kitchen, with doors conveniently...
At a glance
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Air Conditioning: Central
Outdoor Dining Area
Plenty of amenities are just a stroll away from Palazzo Carolina. There’s a great selection of restaurants on your doorstep, with everything from traditional pizzerias to seafood restaurants to choose from. A 10-minute drive brings you to the southeastern coast of Sicily and the seaside town of Avola where you can stock up on groceries in its shops and supermarkets. Avola is full of old buildings that sit alongside more modern features that make it a fascinating place for a day out. Stunning churches to visit include Chiesa Madre San Sebastiano and the Church of Santa Venera. The Teatro Comunale is an elegant opera house where you can enjoy performances or simply go on a guided tour to learn more about its history. The town is also home to sandy beaches, which are lapped by clear waters for perfect swimming conditions. There’s also a lovely promenade for enjoying a leisurely stroll. Close to Avola and 15km from the villa is Cavagrande del Cassibile Nature Reserve. Hike around the nature reserve to see all sorts of beautiful Mediterranean plants and wildlife. You can also go swimming in the rock basins naturally formed within the canyons. Other historic places to do some sightseeing include Noto (12km) and Syracuse (29km). Noto is famous for its baroque buildings, with 18<sup>th</sup>-century Noto Cathedral being one of the most majestic. 5km from Noto is Lido di Noto, a very family-friendly beach with great facilities. Syracuse has an atmospheric old town area called Ortigia which is well worth a visit. Visit several ancient ruins from the Greek and Roman periods. The Teatro Greco is a relatively well-preserved ancient Greek theatre that is often still used for performances. Drive to the hilltop city of Ragusa (63km) in just over an hour and explore its historic centre with its winding alleys and baroque-era palazzo. Stroll around the lush gardens of public park Giardino Ibleo and marvel at the panoramic views offered over the surrounding valleys.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 9.00 a.m. - 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Energy costs included? : Included up to 300kWh per week, then €0.30 per kWh, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including one change of towels.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : Highchair and cot are available on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : The sofa bed on the top-floor attic can accommodate up to two teenagers for an extra charge. Please enquire for more details.