Villa Castiglione at Campania
Villa Castiglione is a typically Mediterranean villa sitting in the Bay of Naples, overlooking the sea. The villa is located on the island of Ischia which is off the coast of Naples and is the largest in the collection of volcanic islands. This location is perfect for an Italian holiday combining visits to the mainland and exploring the sites and culture of Ischia itself.
The house is light, airy and spacious and can sleep nine people over four bedrooms; each of which has its own bathroom and air conditioning to make your stay more comfortable. The living spaces are decorated in the island style and are open-plan with large sofas and a dining area which is ideal for spending time together over a meal in the evening which can be prepared in the well-equipped kitchen.
When you walk out into the large garden, you will be in awe of the panoramic views over the glistening blue water of the Gulf of Naples. The garden...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
If you are looking for somewhere a little different for your family holiday, then Villa Castiglione is a great choice. Here you are just off the coast of the Italian mainland and are able to visit cities such as Naples if you wish to; alternatively you are perfectly placed to spend your break exploring this stunning volcanic island and there are many towns, beaches and natural attractions you can visit. Close to the villa, there are shops, cafes and restaurants within walking distance, so you do not need to go far to enjoy local cuisine or pick up some groceries. As you are located on the coast, there are also beaches surrounding the house and you can walk down to some of the nicest in the area. If you prefer to take some day trips and explore a little more of a location, there are great places to visit on Ischia and further afield on to mainland Italy or the Island of Capri. The nearest town to Villa Castiglione is Casamicciola Terme which is just ten minutes away by car. The town is best known for its natural thermal spas which you can find in Spa complexes and in thermal parks which are set within beautiful gardens and offer treatments as well as access to the natural thermal springs. In the town, you can also visit Vulcano Rotaro which is a volcano which is not extinct but an interesting place to see nonetheless! There are plenty of other towns on the island which you can visit and Ischia is broken up into six communes which have their own traditions and cultures so if you get a chance try to visit different parts of the island. The melting pot of these communes is the capital of the island which is actually two connected towns called Ischia Porto and Ischia Ponte. These amazing towns are just 6.5km away and are well worth exploring. Head to Ischia Porto for celebrity spotting and hitting the shops or Ischia Ponte for a bit more history and pretty winding streets. One of the must-see sights in Ischia Ponte is Castello Aragonese which is more of a fortified village than a castle and dates back 2500 years. The fortress has had a vast history and many incarnations ranging from the castle to monastery and includes lots of interesting spaces to look around including a torture museum. The ferries on the island mean you are well-connected to the mainland and to the island of Capri. Capri is another beautiful island with amazing shopping and natural attractions such as the Blue Grotto cave which you can go in to on little boats. Capri is just an hour away by boat. You are also able to reach Naples by ferry or hydrofoil within an hour, Naples has plenty to see and do and a walking tour would be a nice way to get to know the city and of course you can’t go to Naples without trying their famous pizza! <b><i>** Please note the property is actually located on the island of Ischia. Regular ferries depart from Porto d'Ischia and Porto di Casamicciola to Naples**</i></b>
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €300 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : From 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, fair usage policy applies. Excess charged extra (payable locally).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, bath towels changed every 2 days and linen changed weekly.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €50 per pet will apply (payable locally).
- Changeover day : Saturday and Sunday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €100, payable locally in cash. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Minimum stay : 6 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Pool towels included? : Yes, changed every 2 days.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : This property sleeps 8 guests comfortably, whilst one more guest may be accommodated in an additional single bed in one of the bedrooms. Please see the 'Features' tab for full details.