Amazing French Home with 600 acres of Beautiful Gardens and Pool
Imagine relaxing on a hillside with an evening picnic accompanied by wine, sunset in the distance, surrounded by aromas of wild lavender and thyme, before wandering to your beautiful French home.
Over 600 acres of stunning private land, this home is blessed with wonderful natural beauty at this exquisite holiday home, a short drive from the amazing city of Carcassonne in the heart of the Languedoc-Roussillon region.
Rest by the swimming pool with unspoilt views, spend lazy lunches by the barbecue and summer kitchen with surround sound system or find a tranquil spot across the large gardens, bursting with summer colour and lawns dotted with olive and cypress trees. In the evening, gather together with close friends/family on the terrace, enjoying feasts of regional delights and fine local wine, then stroll around the beautifully lit gardens whilst gazing at the clear starry skies around you. The vast home stretches even...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Surrounded by over 600 acres of private land, Domaine Des Arômes is a rural paradise in the dreamy Languedoc countryside, yet only 15km from the fine historic city of Carcassonne. There is already so much to see in the stunning grounds, whether exploring the pine-filled forests, discovering the small lake and streams or walking across the garrigue-covered hills. Come across wild lavender and thyme, olive trees, vines and glorious meadows. Discover the abundance of wildlife, flora and fauna (this is a protected conservation zone) and spot rare birds. Take an evening picnic up to the top of a hill and watch the sun set. Keen hikers can also follow some wonderful trails in the surrounding area whilst cyclists can ride various routes and discover the breath-taking scenery (bike hire, including electric and mountain bikes, can be arranged with plenty of advance notice). There is also an equestrian centre in one of the local villages, offering treks for all abilities which the owners can help book for you (this area is known for horses grazing on the pastures - there are even two rescued horses within the domaine). The nearest villages are around a 10 to 15-minute drive away where you will find small grocery stores, a boulangerie for morning bread and pastries as well as a couple of restaurants. Larger supermarkets can be found towards Trèbes and Carcassonne. In the great city of Carcassonne itself you will find a range of amazing restaurants, some featuring Michelin stars, as well as wonderful markets selling fruit, vegetables, local meats, cheeses and all sorts of regional delights. The medieval Cité de Carcassonne is a UNESCO World Heritage site and attracts visitors from all over the world. Walk along the citadel’s 3km long walls, explore the narrow lanes filled with little shops, bars and restaurants and visit its museums. In July look out for the Festival de Carcassonne as well as the Bastille Day fireworks, some of the best in France. There are also many idyllic villages across the Languedoc. Visit the beautiful abbey in Lagrasse, also a great spot for summer riving swimming in L’Orbieu (or head up to nearby Ribaute where you can cool off by the little waterfalls). The Minervois region offers spectacular landscapes, wild gorges and pretty villages such as Aigne with its wine-tasting caves and Minerve, one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ with a fascinating Cathar history. There are of course many Cathar fortresses across this part of France including the famous Château de Quéribus and Château de Montségur. Limoux is home to some excellent restaurants, has a lovely weekly market on a Monday morning and hosts some great wine-festivals in the summer. Toulouse, the ‘rose-city’ is another fantastic day out with its historic sights and brilliant shops. Beach-lovers can be by the sea in an hour with the likes of Gruissan Plage just outside of Narbonne and the coastline around the Parc Naturel Régional de la Narbonnaise easily reached. Leucate Plage is an especially picturesque spot with an excellent beachside bistro serving freshly caught seafood and other delights. Closer to home, other activities nearby include an 18-hole golf course in beautiful surroundings, tennis courts in Carcassonne as well as go-karting, a tree-top activity centre, an aquapark at a local lake as well as kayaking and canoeing on nearby rivers. If staying in the winter then Les Monts d'Olmes offers skiing on the edge of the Pyrenees, just under two hours by car.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1000 paid via cheque or bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded within two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Included from November - April approximately.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes. Please note that pool towels are not to be used at the beach.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately April to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from June – September and over Christmas and New Year. Short-breaks may be possible on request outside these periods. Please enquire with us for more details.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : Small well-behaved dogs may be accepted on request only and with prior agreement with the owner. Please note dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms and please ensure they do not chase the two horses in the grounds (around 200m away from the house).
- Other Ts and Cs : Small weddings outside peak season are possible on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties and other events are not allowed.