Chalet Le Chene
Relax in the spacious wooden interior of this comfortable traditional-style chalet, easing your tired muscles after a day in the snow. Snuggled in the heart of the French Southern Alps, this is the ideal place to have the best of both worlds – the thrill of the slopes, followed by the pleasure of unwinding with your family in a warm and cosy chalet.
Located in the popular ski resort of Les Deux Alpes, this chalet sleeps 12 people, over five bedrooms, some with spectacular views of the mountains. It is spread out over two floors, with plenty of space for everyone, and enough bathrooms to avoid queues. The interior is tastefully decorated, with an emphasis on capturing the traditional comfort of a French mountain home.
The ground floor offers a taste of open-plan living, where you can cook up some hearty meals in the kitchen, complete with microwave, dishwasher and raclette appliance. Make yourself a hot chocolate and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
This splendid family chalet in Les Deux Alpes, in the French Alps, is ideal for enjoying the winter season in the Alps, while also having access to all the conveniences of modern life. Les Deux Alpes is a purpose-built resort, popular with British skiers and with convenient access from Alpes-Isère Airport near Grenoble. Whether you are a skier or a snowboarder, the French Alps are a popular destination, and this area caters for all abilities. With one of the highest altitude ski areas in the world, a world-famous snow park and good level of snow cover all season round, it’s easy to see why visitors flock to Les Deux Alpes to show off their moves on the slopes. Beginners looking to hone their skills should head to the Les Crêtes area while more advanced skiers will delight in the La Fée valley and Diable pistes. If you’re looking to vary your activities, there is plenty more adventure out there. As well as a large swimming pool and a bowling alley, there are also opportunities to go paragliding, speed riding, tobogganing and glacier walking. If you’d rather something else takes the strain, you can enjoy the mountains from a horse-drawn sled, snowscooter or even a suspended aerial footbridge. Of course, after all that activity, you will need to recover your energy. And if you’d rather not cook in the chalet, there are a huge range of excellent restaurants and bars in the resort to choose from. From traditional tartiflette or fondue, to pizza and burgers, fill up on carbs ready for the next day’s adventure. Most of the restaurants are family friendly, so bring along the children for some tasty food. If you’re looking for a late night, there are several bars and a handful of nightclubs to choose from – just make sure you save some energy for the slopes. You will also find plenty of restaurants in Vénosc, on the edge of the Écrins National Park, accessible only by a cable car in the winter months. It’s a lovely location, and a chance to see a traditional French mountain village with its labyrinth of cobbled lanes. It’s even an experience getting there, since it’s only accessible in the winter months via a cable car.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to client’s credit card by the owner or paid in cash to the owner before/upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen included. Towels can be rented at an extra cost of €7 per set.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €30 per pet per stay will apply (payable locally).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pool heating charge? : Included. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Other Ts and Cs : Baby equipment (cot, highchair and baby bath) is available for an extra cost and must be requested in advance.