Sur La Colline at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Sur La Colline has been truly blessed by an enviable position on a hill in the Périgord Noir forest, overlooking the Dordogne River with views as beautiful as a landscape masterpiece painting.
Although this is a natural countryside setting, guests can stroll to a hamlet in only 20 minutes, where there are three restaurant-bars and a bakery, and in addition to admiring the river from the terrace, a short 15-minute walk will take you down to its edge, for swimming and fun watersports. Nearby is the Cingle de Montfort, a place of stunning natural beauty and breathtaking views, and Sarlat, the ancient gem of the Périgord Noir is only a 15-minute drive away.
This attractive and spacious family villa is a lovingly restored old French chartreuse, with its typical long stone walls and pretty windows – a chocolate-box farmhouse in the middle of seven acres of private woodland. Indoors, comfortable and homely rooms are...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
At Sur de Colline you are surrounded by glorious countryside views yet you can walk down to a little hamlet in twenty minutes where you will find three restaurants, a bar and a bakery. You can also wander down to the beautiful Dordogne in about fifteen minutes where you can find spots for swimming. Just a little further by car is the local village (3km) which has a supermarket, butchers, pizza restaurant and Sunday summer market. As well as canoeing along the Dordogne, there are many other brilliant activities in the area including hikes for all abilities, cycling routes, horse-riding and golf within half an hour. Another way to see the stunning countryside is by taking a hot air balloon and viewing the remarkable Dordogne from above. Nearby La Foret des Ecureuils Adventure Park (5km) has tree-top activities and paintballing, kids will also love the Dinosaur Park (40km) or the Aquarium du Perigord Noir (38km) whilst the more adventurous can try go-karting just south of Périgueux (60km). The nearby town of Sarlat (8km) is one of the most beautiful towns in the region with a maze of medieval narrow streets to explore, lovely squares and a fascinating cathedral. The town can get busy during the summer months but you can usually avoid the crowds by heading there early and enjoying the morning light. There is host of other interesting things to see and do in this part of the Dordogne, for example the Lascaux caves, just outside Montignac (34km), stunning castles across the region such as those in Castelnaud-la-Chapelle (16km) and Beynac-et-Cazenac (15km), pretty villages along the river including Domme (8km) and La Roque-Gageac (10km) plus stunning gardens such as those at Marqueyssac near Vézac (14km).
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid to the owner.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. Mid-stay clean and linen change is included for stays of 2 weeks or more
- Pool heating charge? : No Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures
- Internet access? : Yes
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from early May.