Bastide 1700 at Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
Surrounded by beautiful Provençal countryside, near award winning wineries and only a fifteen minutes drive to the Mediterranean coast, Bastide 1700 is a warm and inviting holiday home for those wanting to discover the delights of this stunning area.
Dating back to the 17th century, the spacious five bedroom villa has been lovingly restored for guests to enjoy. Surrounded by rolling vineyards and forests, the wine in this area is classified as one of the oldest and most prestigious appellations in the country, AOC Bandol. The villa faces south and has glorious views of the surrounding countryside.
Guests can enjoy lazing on sun-loungers by the swimming pool or sipping chilled wine in the shade of the delightful pergola. There are five bedrooms, four on the first floor with three bathrooms plus an additional en-suite double room in a separate annex facing the garden. The charming kitchen is the perfect place to...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In a rural location with beautiful views of the Provençal countryside, Bastide 1700 is mid-way between Marseilles and Toulon, just a ten minutes drive to the local village of Ceyreste (10km) and a little further to the beaches and activities of La Ciotat (13km). The nearby village of Ceyreste (10km) is a picturesque spot which has preserved much of its history. Here you will find your nearest restaurant and you can spend some time wandering around the charming lanes and covered passage ways. There is a Roman fountain and a pretty church dating back to the middle ages. Don’t miss the delightful market on a Friday. You’ll also find horse-riding here (as well as other schools in the area) and a tennis court. The beautiful seaside resort of La Ciotat has glorious sandy beaches, a pleasant harbour and atmospheric restaurants and bars. The town has a rich historical past which you can discover as you explore the old quarter and visit the oldest ever movie theatre. La Ciotat offers a wealth of activities from bicycle hire, a great range of watersports, boat hire, hiking opportunities and excursions to the nearby Green Islands and stunning local creeks (Calanques). There are numerous other stunning beaches in the area to discover including Saint Cyr (20km) and Bandol (25km). No visit to Provence would be complete without exploring the beautiful villages in the vicinity such as Le Castellet (15km), Cadière d'Azur (17km) and Sanary sur Mer (28km). There are some wonderful hiking possibilities in the nearby countryside and mountains. Head to Cassis (20km) where there are kilometres of marked trails to explore the creeks (calanques) and cliff tops along the Route de Crètes back towards La Ciotat. Golf lovers can enjoy a local course within half an hours drive and for younger kids there is an amusement park, Ok Corral (11km), and an exciting tree top adventure park, The Kingdom of Trees (13km), both within easy reach by car. Not forgetting the wine-tasting, just one kilometre from Bastide 1700 beautiful family domain where you can take a tour, taste the wines and walk across the grounds to discover some breath-taking views.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 to be paid by bank transfer one month before the arrival and refunded approximately two weeks after departure, subject to full damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and special celebrations are not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.