Graceful Château with Over 22 Acres and Remarkable History Perfect for Weddings
Surrounded by a wooded park of 22 acres, Château Paradis is a gorgeous holiday and wedding venue dating back to the 16th century and fully refurbished in 2016.
Conveniently located just a short drive from Poitiers and Limoges, it originally belonged to the Boiceau family. The Protestant lawyer, author of works of jurisprudence and writings in the Poitevin dialect, Jean Boiceau was born here in 1513. In the 19th century, the château was bought by the Du Verrier de Boulzat family, who built a modern castle near to the old building.
The main château occupies an area of 660m² nestled in the heart of a wooded park of 19 hectares and offers accommodation for up to 24 guests - with its additional annex building and three lodges, the whole estate provides accommodation for up to 80 guests.
The spacious ground floor comprises of 2 luxury lounges, 2 dining rooms and a large kitchen. There is also a magnificent...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Château Paradis benefits from a strategic location in the heart of the beautiful and sunny Charente region, just about an hour away from Poitiers and Limoges. The closest town is Benest. Local Activities Zoo Tennis Horseback riding Golfing Fishing Cognac Tour Vineyard Tour Farm tour Day Trips: famous château of the Loire Valley, Bordeaux, Cognac, Futuroscope theme park in Poitiers.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : No, €150/day if required.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Security deposit : €4000 charged to client’s credit card by the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : After 5.00 p.m. (flexible)
- Departure time : By 11.00 a.m. (flexible)
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights. Shorter stays of 1 or 2 nights are also possible on request and charged at the 3-nights advertised rates.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Other Ts and Cs : The 24-person price is for the 10-bedroom château only, whilst the other prices include either the 12-bedroom cottage, adjoining 3-bedroom apartment and/or the independent bedroom and three lodges. Please see the Features tab for full details on what is included for each price.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is only featured in the cottage and lodges, not the château or apartment.