Villa Xavier at Occitanie
Villa Xavier is not a villa that came to life by chance. It is the labour of love of a skilled, local carpenter who put all his passion and <i>savoir-faire </i>into the creation of his home. The result is a unique, modern home made from quality materials and craftsmanship throughout…and just 10 minutes from magical Nîmes.
This is a newly built home, spacious and comfortable offering several relaxation areas both indoors and outdoors and a stunning private, heated swimming pool. Every detail seems to have been meticulously and lovingly considered, in order to create a modern masterpiece.
The large heated swimming pool on the wooden terrace is a highlight as it blends in beautifully with the modern lines of the garden with bright lawn, white pebble paths and olive trees all dotted about with meticulous care. A bioclimatic pergola with outdoor sofas, a large dining terrace and barbecue plus a heated...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
In the Languedoc-Roussignol region, yet with the Camargue and the Provence-Alps on its doorstep, Villa Xavier is located just 10 minutes from the old Roman city of Nîmes. Often referred to as the 'French Rome', it is a must see for those with an interest in history. Countless incredibly well preserved relics remain from the Roman Empire, including the ancient aqueduct bridge at Pont de Gard, the Roman temple of Maison Carrée, and, of course, the best preserved Roman amphitheatre in France. One of France's biggest festivals, <i>Féria de Pentecote</i>, takes place in Nîmes from the 6th to 9th June in 2019 and again from 13th to 15th of September. Enjoy bull fights, watching bull runs along the streets, brass bands, folk music, evening markets and dancing in the <i>bodegas</i> until late, eating paella with friends, free concerts, horse parades, watching water jousting and more. We highly recommended a trip to the ancient town of Avignon (50mins), full of history, art, culture and life. Registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Popes’ Palace, the Bridge of Avignon and the Palace Square are just a few of the marvellous attractions on offer. It is said that once you arrive in Avignon, you will never want to leave… In the Summer, there is a famous Arts Festival, a great chance to enjoy films, theatre and street performers. Around 30 minutes away by car, at the source of the Eure, lies the medieval commune of Uzès. The 11th century Tour Fenestrelle is a 42 metre high Romanesque tower that is the definitive landmark, and a must see on a trip to Uzès. The Saturday night market is also famous across the region, selling locally produced food, clothing and plenty of touristy delights. The medieval riverside town of Orange (50mins) is a further day-trip option with plenty of Roman monuments, museums and a lively market every Thursday. The sea is only 40km away and the Camargue is also easily accessible, not to mention all the exciting things to do and experience in the area: golf, horse-riding, kayaking, mountain-biking, markets, wine-tasting and more. Staying at Villa Xavier means having it all: beautiful towns, vineyards and stunning Mediterranean coastline.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €3000 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. – other times on request.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m. – other times on request.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday. Other days may be possible on request.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not allowed.
- Pool heating charge? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is available in the main bedrooms, the studio room and the gym only (the kitchen, dining room and the bedroom off the master suite have under-floor cooling system).
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests wishing to purchase wine and/or cigars at the villa are required to pay locally (the security deposit will be charged for any unpaid items).
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).