Welcome to 2nd Base on Lake Michigan, the grandest of the five Great Lakes. Nestled in Sawyer, MI in the private community of Shorewood Hills, this spacious and unique property consists of a main house and a separate guest house overlooking the lake. You will fall in love with the private beach, the sound of crashing waves, the spectacular sunsets, the stunning views of Lake Michigan, and 2nd Base of course! All of this provides a great venue for a relaxing holiday that will bring you back to nature. Best yet, it is only one-and-a-half hours from Chicago.
The three-story main house has six bedrooms and five bathrooms accompanied by multiple living areas overlooking Lake Michigan. The entire home is bathed in natural light, and guests will enjoy the expansive lake views and light coming in through the floor-to-ceiling windows and skylights throughout the house. The open-concept main floor has a large kitchen featuring an...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Street Side Parking
Barbeque Grill: Charcoal
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 30 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 30 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 30 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 30 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- On select bookings made after May 6th, 2020 with a check-out date on or before June 30, 2021*, guests may cancel up to 10 days before arrival and receive a full refund minus a $75 cancellation fee. *Exclusion and Blackout dates apply. Stays taking place between December 20, 2020 and January 3, 2021 do not qualify for 10-day cancellation. Some individual homes may not be participating as noted in their individual Property Display Page.
- **THIS HOME IS EXCLUDED FROM THE 10-DAY CANCEL WITH FULL REFUND OPTION**
- By booking this reservation, you agree to the additional policies, terms, and conditions below.
- UNIT SPECIFIC TERMS
- - Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 25 years of age to book. Guests under 25 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
- - No dog(s) are welcome in this home. No other animals are allowed without specific Vacasa approval.
- - The property shall not be used by more than the number of adults and children listed in your reservation.
- - All guests shall abide by Vacasa’s good neighbor policy and shall not engage in illegal activity. Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- - If early check-in is available for your reservation, you will be notified by 9 a.m. on the morning of your arrival by email. Late check-out is offered whenever possible for a small fee.
- - No smoking of any kind is permitted anywhere on the premises.
- - No commercial photography or filming is permitted on the property. Tents or other structures may not be erected.
- - Renter is liable for any damage to the property and agrees to accept charges to the card on file should damage occur during occupancy.
- - Due to local laws, regulations, or Homeowner Association rules, guests may be required to agree to additional terms of service. A signed paper contract is required to be completed and returned to Vacasa.
- - Property Specific terms:
- This property is managed by Vacasa Michigan LLC.
- SHOREWOOD HILLS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION RULES AND GUIDELINES
- For the safety and security of members, their guests, members' property and community property, in addition to common courtesy and mutual respect for each other, the following shall apply to all owners, visitors, and renters in Shorewood Hills.
- MOTOR VEHICLES
- The speed limit is 15 MPH. Our roadways must be shared safely with pedestrians, including small children.
- • All vehicles in the rental group must be registered with Superior Property Management.
- Unlicensed motorized vehicles (except golf carts) are prohibited; unlicensed drivers are prohibited. BEACH PARKING AND ROADWAY VIOLATIONS
- • Vehicles of any kind in beach parking lots must display a current beach parking permit. One beach parking permit is issued per household and will be supplied by the homeowner. Parking is limited to only one moped, golf cart, or vehicle. Any combination will result in a citation. Until July 1st, parking citations will be issued for parking in a beach parking lot without a valid permit or for parking an automobile and golf cart at the same time. The first citation is a warning. The second citation will result in the vehicle being subject to towing at the owner's expense. Beginning July 1st, no warning citations will be issued. Any citation issued in a beach parking lot will result in the vehicle being subject to towing at the owner's expense. No part of any vehicle may be parked on a paved road or right-of-way anywhere in Shorewood. Right-of-way includes the full platted 25- or 30-foot width of a road, not just the paved area. To do so may inhibit or block access by a public safety vehicle. Violators will be issued a warning citation for the first offense. A second violation will result in the vehicle being subject to towing at the owner's expense. Vehicles that cannot be safely accommodated on a member's property should be parked at the Meadow next to the front entrance with the prior approval and Meadow parking ID from the Property Manager
- BEACH AND BOATING
- • Beach rules are clearly posted at the three beach access points.
- • Shorewood beach ID flag is required at the beach.
- • Jet-skis, wave runners, and motorized water craft of any kind are prohibited on the beach. Any rental equipment that you rent for the beach needs to be delivered to the residence, not parking lot. No beach equipment may be stored on the beach. All beach equipment must be brought back to the residence at the end of each day.
- PLAYGROUND and BASKETBALL COURT
- . All children should be instructed as to the safe and proper use of equipment.
- • Equipment shall be enjoyed at the user's risk.
- • Use of the basketball court is prohibited between 10 p.m, and 8 a.m. ET. TENNIS COURTS
- • Official rules are posted at the courts. The homeowner provides the tennis pass.
- • The tennis pass reserves a court time. Court can be reserved only on the day of intended play.
- . All dogs must be leashed when on community property, including the beach.
- • Members and guests are required to clean up after their pets.
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach between 11 am, and 7 p.m. ET from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- • Noises disturbing neighbors should be avoided, especially before 8 a.m. and after 10 p.m. ET. GARBAGE
- • Curbside collection is year-round every Monday morning, except when holidays occur on Monday,
- in which case pickup will be made on Tuesday. All garbage must be placed in the 95-gallon roll away waste cart (RAWC) provided by the homeowner. The RAWC should be placed at the roadside before 6 a.m. on pickup day.
- YARD SIGNS
- • Display of signs of any kind is prohibited, including campaign or commercial contractor and realtor
- • Wild flowers, trees, shrub, and other natural growth are not to be disturbed.
- • Hunting and shooting of any kind-including air rifles and pellet guns-are strictly prohibited.
- • Firearms of any kind are prohibited on common Shorewood property, including the beach. SECURITY
- Emergencies and serious disturbances should be reported immediately to the police at 911 and then to the Property Manager at 269-426-8348.
- BEACH RULES
- • No lifeguard on duty.
- • Vehicles without valid Shorewood parking tag will be towed at owner's expense.
- • Homeowner ID flag required on beach.
- • Jet skis, wave runners, and motorized watercraft are prohibited.
- • Fires must be a minimum of 10 yards from base of dunes. Extinguish all fires with water, not sand.
- • No loud music or unruly behavior.
- • Alcoholic beverages are only permitted between noon and 10 p.m.
- • No drinking by minors allowed.
- • Remove all glass and trash from the beach.
- • No dogs on beach 11a.m. to 7p.m. ET Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- • Leash and clean up after your dog.
- • No overnight camping.
- FIREWORKS AND NOISE DISTURBANCES
- Michigan state law prohibits the use of commercial grade fireworks at any time. Use of non commercial grade fireworks is prohibited except for the day before, the day of, and the day after a national holiday. For example, fireworks are permitted July 3rd, July 4th, and July 5th, but not July 2nd or July 6th. The personal use of aerial fireworks is strictly prohibited on common Shorewood property (roads, playground, tennis courts, basketball court, meadow) with the exception of the beaches. Fireworks should be aimed out over Lake Michigan to minimize the risk to spectators and the possibility of a fire starting in the dune grass. Fireworks are inherently dangerous, so please do not allow children to handle them. Any use of fireworks or loud noises after 10:00 p.m. ET violates Chikaming Township's noise ordinance and Shorewood's Association Guidelines.
- Please honor this policy out of respect for your neighbors and this community and in observance of the law.
- We have discussed this issue with Chikaming Township police. If you have a problem, call the Chikaming Township Police non-emergency dispatch center at 866-630-7679. They will send an officer to Shorewood. Please cooperate with these guidelines so all may enjoy their time in Shorewood.