Rouge Cottage at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Rouge Cottage is the perfect place to stay for a relaxing and peaceful holiday in a pretty French cottage with a private, heated pool and stunning views over the charming countryside of the Limousin region.
At the end of a quiet hamlet on a no through road, Rouge Cottage stands in a beautifully panoramic and rural spot which oozes tranquility. Perfect for families or couples wanting to get away from it all and spend time together in privacy.
A private heated pool with stunning views makes this cottage very special. There is also a magnificent castle tree house for the children to enjoy.
The cottage is petite and cosy with everything you need to make it a holiday to remember. It is decorated in a simple and homely way with individual touches and attention to detail, as well as features such as exposed chestnut beams which give it character and charm.
Two bedrooms upstairs (one double and a...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Haute-Vienne is a department in the Limousin region of France. Named after the Vienne River, it borders the departments of Creuse and Corrèze (also in Limousin), Dordogne to the south in Aquitaine, Charente and Vienne to the west in Poitou-Charentes, and Indre to the north in the Centre department. The Parc Naturel Regional Perigord-Limousin is an 1800km2 park that straddles the Dordogne-Limousin border, and takes in parts of Haute-Vienne and Dordogne. There is a wealth of nature, culture, food and activities to explore. Below are just a few possibilities! Whether you are into the history of Richard the Lion Heart and are keen to follow his route and visit some Chateau or just enjoy the local produce markets and amazing local French food and wine on offer. There is something for everyone from walking and cycling to fishing or swimming and soaking up the local French culture. There are numerous walking paths right from the door at Rouge Cottage through the glorious Limousin countryside, which is beautiful right throughout the year. There are great cycling routes to suit all abilities, particularly the more casual cyclist and families. The roads in the Haute Vienne are smooth and well-maintained, perfect for clocking up some training miles. Each year big name teams arrive for the Tour du Limousin that takes over the region, with spectators lining the route to catch a glimpse of riders. There is also much to offer mountain bikers, with plenty of great dirt tracks and byways. The marked paths around Courbefy are fantastic to explore with steady technical descents. They are a great introduction to mountain biking for novices and would-be off-roaders, but still challenging enough to give the more experienced rider a blast of adrenaline. Family cycling – Haute-Vienne has some superb places for families to go cycling. The quiet, well maintained roads offer a wonderful way for families to explore the local area. Whether it is heading off for a picnic or cycling to a Chateaux, there are numerous destinations to get to within easy cycling distance from the cottage. From Chalus to Orador–sur-Vayres there is a 13 km ride on the old railway line, which is perfect for all members of the family. Bikes can be hired in Chalus ask at the tourist office.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £150 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Pets welcome? : Dogs accepted (allowed downstairs only).
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Please, bring your own cot linen, pillows and blanket/duvet.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pool heating charge? : No.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes and log burner with wood also provided.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from Easter holidays to end of October
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : Wedding, stag/hen parties not allowed.