Saumur en Blanc at Pays de la Loire
Some homes are utterly unique and always will be. Saumur en Blanc is one of those homes. From its location right in the centre of magical Saumur, to its soothing all-white interior and its rather glamourous owner; a talented and well-known interior designer from New York.
Saumur en Blanc is found through a private gate, set away from the road, in its own tranquil and private garden filled with jasmine, rosemary and lavender. The senses are immediately awoken and then surprised with the glimpse of a swimming pool in this private oasis.
The white décor and furnishings create a very calming ambience in this quirky and original stone townhouse full of surprises; staircases leading up to lofts, a baby-grand piano, a bathroom with claw-foot tub and fireplace and a little independent pool house on the terrace. The kitchen is worthy of its renowned eno-gastronomic location, with its professional ‘La Canche’ stove, two...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Saumur is a vibrant and exciting town as well as beautiful. Explore the medieval streets and admire the striking buildings in Place St Pierre, shop to your hearts content in one of the towns many boutiques and stock up on charcuterie, honey, flowers and other wonderful local produce in the weekly market on a Saturday. The town has also gained a reputation for its excellent restaurants as well as its delicious sparkling white wine, which you can sample and purchase at a number of spots in the area. The fairytale Château Saumur has a stunning location and is worthy of a visit, then in the summer take a boat trip up the river for some rest and relaxation. There are plenty of other historical attractions in the area to impress you such as Fontevraud Abbey (16km), one of the largest in Europe, plus the fascinating Troglodyte caves that used to be inhabited until last century, such as those in the village of Rochemenier (26km). Horse lovers must visit the town's famous national equestrian school, the Cadre Noir, where they can have a guided tour and you may be fortunate enough to see a performance of the magnificent horses led by the impressive instructors. Furthermore, there are plenty of opportunities to explore the beautiful Loire Valley on horseback. Another popular activity is renting a canoe either in the town or a little further out at one of the activity centres and discovering the stunning area from the Loire river. The town is also on the ‘Loire à Vélo’ route for keen cyclists who can experience why this area is called the ‘Garden of France’. If you are bringing the kids then treat them to a visit to the Museé des Blindés (3km), the largest tank museum in Europe, ideal for vehicle lovers young and old. Just out of town you can seek shade in the Zoo de Doué Bio Parc (22km) where 600 animals live in natural surroundings amongst interesting flora and fauna in the old quarry.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : $USD1000 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival and returned two weeks after departure.
- Arrival time : 4.00 - 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels and slippers.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Stag / hen parties and other celebrations are not allowed. Weddings are permitted by prior arrangement.
- Other Ts and Cs : There is air-conditioning in the bedrooms only and in the pool house.
- Security deposit :
- Other Ts and Cs : Swimming pool is open May to end-September.
- Other Ts and Cs : A further 5 guests (ideally children) can be accommodated in the main house using beds and sofabeds. Supplements apply. Please enquire at the time of booking.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that external caterers are only allowed with the owner's prior agreement.