Beautiful Contemporary Home with Antique Touches in Provence
A true gem of Provence, L’Esplanade offers charm and character in beautiful grounds just a five-minute drive from the delightful town of Saint-Rémy.
This beautiful abode is all about relaxing in wonderful surroundings whether in the grand living room with its picture book windows or outside under the old shady trees, drinking local brandy at the end of a glorious day. The interiors have been thoughtfully styled from the spacious living area around the old fireplace to the grand kitchen-diner with its contemporary fittings alongside antique pieces. Each of the seven bedrooms across the house and annexe have been warmly decorated in Provençal colours, featuring air-conditioning and many with handsome en suite bathrooms.
Spend lazy days with family or friends, challenging each other to a game of boules, ping-pong or table football, pottering around on the bikes or splashing around in the wonderful swimming pool,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Bathtub: Separate Tub and Shower
Outdoor Dining Area
L'Esplanade is set in the beautiful Alpilles Regional Nature Park, just a short drive from the lovely town of Saint-Rémy-de-Provence. Saint-Rémy (4km) has a fine reputation in Provence and is popular with visitors for good reason. You can soak up the charm and ambience of Saint-Rémy just by wandering around the narrow cobbled lanes, coming across picturesque art galleries and studios, dining in little bistros or head to one of the cafes under the plane trees for a coffee or glass of local wine. The Wednesday morning market spills out over the lovely squares and streets of the old town and you can pick up all sorts of regional delights such as olive products, lavender, honey, cured meats, cheeses and of course seasonal fruit and vegetables. Les Alpilles is an incredible region offering beautiful landscapes of vineyards, olive groves, undulating hills and striking mountains. Activities including wonderful walking paths, cycling trails, horse-riding and even rock-climbing. Enjoy the awe-inspring scenery from Les Baux-de-Provence (13km), one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’, a medieval village built high up on a fortified rocky site which is full of history and charm – visit early to avoid the crowds. Maussane-les-Alpilles (13km) is a very pleasant place to go for a long lunch whether a good pizzeria or a Michelin starred restaurant and make sure you pick up some of France’s finest olive oil whilst you are there. Eygalières (15km) is another delightful village in Les Alpilles and is even favoured by a couple of A-list celebrities who have discreetly bought houses there. You are also in a great location for visiting the small and historic city of Avignon (18km) with its great food markets, excellent restaurants and bars as well as the two UNESCO World Heritage sites, the Palais des Papes and the famous bridge. History lovers may also want to spend a day in Nîmes (47km) with its Roman ruins and the extraordinary Pont-du-Gard (38km), another UNESCO World Heritage site and a great spot for hiring canoes, kayaks or simply enjoying a picnic by the water’s edge. To the south is Arles (27km), another fine place filled with history and art and also the gateway to the amazing landscapes of the Camargue. To the east is the mesmerising Luberon region filled with mountains, incredible hiking, cycling and idyllic villages such as Gordes, Lacoste, Roussillon, Ménerbes and more, all about an hour away.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €5000 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy must be provided to the owner minimum one month before arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms before the arrival.
- Pool heating charge? : No, pool heating is included in the price.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).