Fantastic Rustic Villa with Pool in Provence
As the sound of the calming fountain greets you at the entrance of Maison Aurore, you know that this will be a special holiday home. Tucked away at the end of a lane, it’s the perfect place for relaxation, just over a kilometre from the heart of a picturesque village in Provence’s Les Alpilles region.
You’ll find everything you need here for comfort and convenience amidst an eclectic range of furnishings, homely artefacts and art-work showcased by original wooden floors, beamed ceilings and stone steps. All this creates an atmospheric place to stay, full of personality, and is sure to continue to fascinate you during your time here. The walk-in bathroom in the master bedroom is particularly magnificent and the rustic dining table and wrought iron dining chairs in the spacious living area are a feature in their own right.
Outside is equally lovely, the garden lined with trees and hedges with a cluster of pines at...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison Aurore nestles at the end of a lane, just 1.5km away from a picturesque village. Here, in the heart of the Provence and Les Alpilles Natural Park, you’ll find requisite ancient stone houses, a small museum, restaurants, a pretty church and some lovely walks in the surrounding countryside. You are situated here in an amazing area filled with vineyards, pretty villages and famous towns both in this region and beyond. Nearby Mausanne-les-Alpilles (10km), set in the Vallée des Baux, is one such delightful village set in the heart of the park. Fine olive oil is produced in its two remaining windmills which visitors are invited to sample. Painters, sculptors and other artists exhibit here every Friday in the central square. Don’t forget to visit one of France’s Plus Beaux Villages, Les Baux-de-Provence (10km) with its charming squares, narrow streets and small shops. Set on a rocky spur it has fantastic views across the Crau plain, the Camargue and the city of Arles. If you are looking for a piece of local art, St-Rémy-de-Provence (18km) is the place to visit - many artists display and sell their works in the village galleries here. Tarascon (12km) is a historic Provencal town situated between Arles and Avignon on the banks of the River Rhône. Here you will find a museum dedicated to the character Tartarin, a popular character in Provencal literature. Afterwards you deserve to find a pleasant terrace café for lunch and a glass of wine. The wonderful city of Arles (10km) is known for its fascinating Roman remains, particularly the Amphitheatre which now hosts plays and concerts. Vincent Van Gogh was inspired to create over 500 works of art during his short time here, including the famous Café la Nuit. Don’t miss the nearby 900 square kilometres of La Camargue with its wild landscapes of beaches, lagoons, rice fields, wild white horses and pink flamingos. So many family activities are to be found here ranging from horse riding, trekking and quad biking to jeep tours across this fascinating area.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? :
- Pool heating charge? : Included. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy must be provided to the owner minimum one month before arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms before the arrival.