Incredibly Charming Seaside One Bedroom Apartment with Beautiful Views in Northern Corsica
It’s not only the location of Isula Rossa that will impress you. In the heart of the incredibly charming seaside town of L’Île-Rousse in northern Corsica, this contemporary air-conditioned apartment has been beautifully styled to create a smart abode with a terrace looking out towards the mountains and glistening sea.
You’ll find Isula Rossa in an old building down a lovely pedestrianised lane, just a few seconds from little restaurants and pretty shops. Wander up the narrow stairs and through the door on the second floor and a striking glass spiral staircase will take you up to your home. A king-size bedroom sits alongside a sumptuous bathroom with a huge walk-in shower and an elegant freestanding bath.
On the next floor, an open living-dining space and perfectly equipped kitchen await you. Step out on to your very own terrace for a glass of Corsican rosé and gaze over the colourful rooftops towards the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Isula Rossa is in the very heart of L'Île-Rousse in a characterful building down a lovely pedestrianised lane. It’s about a 5 to 10-minute walk to the owner’s hotel where you can pay extra to enjoy their award-winning buffet breakfast if you wish or swim in the hotel's swimming pool. There’s also space to park your car at the hotel or you may prefer to try and find a public space nearer to the apartment. There’s a little supermarket within a minute’s walk as well as a choice of charming restaurants, pretty shops and cafes. There’s a small covered market every morning in L'Île-Rousse selling lots of lovely local produce such as honey, cheeses, seafood and charcuterie and there’s also a large supermarket on the edge of town, just a five-minute walk away. Within 200m you are in the main square, watching old men play boules, perhaps drinking a coffee or chestnut beer in the shade of the plane trees. The town beach is also great, backed by a handful of good restaurants with wonderful sea views. Walk a little further around the town to another small beach with summer watersports such as yachting, stand-up paddle boards, jet-ski and pedalos plus a diving school a little further. There’s a lovely walk all the way up L'Île-Rousse’s lighthouse with mesmerising views all around you. Keen hikers could also walk from L'Île-Rousse up towards the Balagne countryside inland, following a path up the hill to Santa Reperata and Monticello where you can enjoy stunning views down towards the coast. Hire a car and explore some of the other magical villages of this region such as Speloncato, Feliceto, Pigna and Sant'Antonino, one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’. The perched villages of this region are full of history, charm and spectacular scenery of sea, forests and rugged mountains. You can also catch the U Trinichellu, Corsica’s characterful little train, which runs between Calvi and L'Île-Rousse (with one or two daily trains continuing onwards to Bastia or Corte and Ajaccio). It stops at various points along the coast including Bodri where you can walk down to the beautiful sandy bay or the beaches of Sant Ambroggio and Algajola, both with a great choice of watersports. The small train can get very busy in the summer months but it’s a charming way to travel. There are a number of beaches along this coastline, accessible by car then foot, where you will find little beachside shacks serving the freshest sea-food, white sandy shores and crystal clear seas that shelve gently and are wonderful for swimming. Wander through the maquis, seek shade under the pine trees or find a rocky shore; you are sure to discover your own piece of paradise along the Balagne coast. Heading east, the rather remote Plage de l'Ostriconi is also spectacular at the start of the incredible Desert des Agriates. Calvi is also a lovely place to visit for the day, either by train or it’s half an hour by car. Enjoy lunch on one of the terraces in the old-town, explore the narrow lanes in the historic citadel with amazing views out to sea or laze on the town’s beach, also home to a variety of watersports. You can also pick up a boat trip which will take you on a tour of the Scandola Nature Reserve on the west coast, now a UNESCO World Heritage site and home to awe-inspiring scenery as well as rare and protected wildlife.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : TBA.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including beach towels. Towels changed daily.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yesand daily maid service (except Sundays) is also included for the bedrooms. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Sunday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €15 per pet per day will apply (paid locally).
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally to the hotel reception on arrival or departure (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.