Chateau Les Peintures at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
This elegant château on a wine estate has just received a complete facelift and is once again opening its doors - for Oliver’s Travels’ guests exclusively.
Recently renovated by a talented architect, it is has been decorated and furnished with style and refinement and sits majestically in three hectares of beautiful parkland with a private heated swimming pool amidst the estate’s vineyards.
Château Les Peintures is just four kilometres from the small town of Coutras and not far from Libourne. It is not far from charming Saint-Émilion, UNESCO classified and where world class restaurants sit beside ancient ruins, as well as the fabulous city of Bordeaux, with its new ‘Cité du Vin’. The area is abundant with world renowned vineyards, whilst the Bassin d’Arcachon, la Dune du Pyla and le Cap Ferret are just an hour-and-a-half away.
Château Les Peintures is ideal for friends or families travelling...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Nestled amidst the world-famous vineyards of the Aquitaine region, Chateau Les Peintures is superbly positioned a short drive from the lively market town of Libourne and the world heritage site of Saint-Emilion, both offering a vast variety of restaurants ranging from the traditional brasseries to high-end gourmet Michelin restaurants. Saint Emilion is an ideal spot for either a relaxing stroll, or to take a deeper look into the town’s history: a medieval town with plenty of historical monuments, museums and galleries. The cosmopolitan and elegant city of Bordeaux with its new Cité du Vin, stunning 18th Century mansion houses, wide boulevards lined with boutique is also a must see. Sports enthusiasts will be spoilt for choice with countless of activities nearby, including biking, tennis, horse-back riding, golf, fishing and watersports. Furthermore, some of the most spectacular sandy beaches and glamourous seaside towns of the Atlantic Coast are also within easy reach: Dune du Pilat (Europe‘s highest sand dune with truly breathtaking views!), the fascinating Bay of Arcachon and chic Cap Ferret, to name just a few. Coutras, a small, traditional village with all basic amenities is located just 4kms away from the Chateau.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £800 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included only up to 500 kWh per week. Any extra usage will be charged at €0,097 per KWh, to be paid to the owner locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €300 per week when required, to be paid to the owner locally. Firewood for the chimney is free of charge.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Yes, except in the bedrooms.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open approximately from May to end-September/Early October.
- Other Ts and Cs : The guest room in the old chai is available from June to September only.
- Other Ts and Cs : One of the bedrooms in the château is only suitable for two children or teenagers.
- Other Ts and Cs : The château only sleeps up to 20 guests May-September, when the additional en-suite bedroom for two guests is made available in the estate’s old 'chais' (which cannot be heated effectively)
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.