Ocean View 4 Bedroom Villa with Private Pool and Terrace near Benitses
Just 2km from the east coast village of Benitses, Villa Jacaranda Lilac provides the ideal base for a large group visiting Corfu. Within a 20-minute drive of the airport and Corfu Town, this idyllic ocean-view villa can accommodate up to 10 guests and impresses with its 45 sq m private pool and garden terrace. The house enjoys pretty and peaceful surroundings, with gardens of citrus and olive trees offering some wonderfully relaxing areas, including a dining area and barbecue. A large pool terrace is lined with sun loungers and there are hammocks and seating outside too. A covered dining area is just steps away from the pool, and there’s another attractive space on the extensive upper terrace above, with a delightful view of the Ionian Sea. The rooms inside offer direct access to the terraces, so you can weave in and out as you please. On the ground floor, you have a living room with fireplace and TV, along with a fully equipped kitchen...
At a glance
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Air Conditioning: Central
Outdoor Dining Area
Situated on Corfu’s east coast, conveniently close to the main town, the village of Benitses, sometimes known as Mpenitses, is an attractive former fishing village. These days, it’s tourism which is the backbone of the local economy, and Benitses provides all a visitor could want or need. You will find plenty of bars and restaurants, with the area around the boat-filled marina, acting as a focal point. It’s just as easy to reach Benitses from the airport, which is itself just south of Corfu town – the journey should only take about 20 minutes. Closer still is a local landmark, the grand Achilleion house. This impressive property was originally built as a summer palace for Empress Elisabeth of Austria, and while her story is a tragic one, it is certainly an enjoyable place to visit, with wonderful views from the beautifully kept gardens. To the north, Corfu town is well worth visiting, and features many architecturally impressive sights. The Royal Palace, which now houses a Museum of Asian Art, is a Neoclassical mansion with a fascinating collection of Indian, Japanese and Chinese works within. A pretty courtyard café enjoys views across the water towards the southern fringes of Albania. Also noteworthy are the Old Fortress and the New Fortress, both built by the Venetians in the 16th century. Walk up the highest points of either and you can marvel at the views, although the buildings themselves are interesting to walk around. Set in a park in the Kanóni part of town, you can also see the birthplace of the Duke of Edinburgh, the palace of Mon Repos. A possible excursion, while you are in Kanóni, is a boat trip to the peaceful islet of Pontikonísi, or Mouse Island – but only if you happen to be around on the one day of the year visitors are permitted (6th August). Perhaps the most photographed spot in the area, it is said to resemble a mouse when viewed from above. You can best capture it from outside the Panagia Vlacherna monastery, itself at the end of a walkway which extends into the sea.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit card details may be requested as guarantee
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price.
- Internet access? : The property has complimentary Wi-fi connection. It is good to note that the speed is dependent on local provider and technical issues may cause reduced speed or cut of service.
- Minimum stay : 5 nights
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.