Villa Matilda at Sicilia
Villa Matilda is so close to the turquoise Sicilian seas that you can enjoy panoramic sea views from the villa and terrace and hear the waves gently crashing as you sit in the garden relaxing in the sun. This contemporary holiday home is in an ideal location 400m from the sea in the south-east of Sicily and is just 12km outside of Syracuse, an ancient city of timeless beauty and culture.
Villa Matilda is a home which comprises of two separate units; each with two bedrooms and one with an additional sofa bed. The main house and annexe can sleep up to eight people between them, and the layout would be great for two small families or a group of friends travelling together; meaning you can spend plenty of time together but also have some privacy when you need it. Both of the buildings which make up the villa are spacious and finished to a high quality with air conditioning, smart TVs and beautiful furnishings. The garden is a...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Overlooking the sea and surrounded by protected parkland and coastlines, Villa Matilda is in a beautiful, serene location but is not isolated, with shops and restaurants in easy reach. The gorgeous, endless coastline is the main feature of the South-East of Sicily and here you will find a great selection of beaches to spend your days relaxing on. Nearby Arenella has a popular, sandy beach and a good selection of bars, shops and restaurants so is a great beach to visit if you wish to spend the whole day there without having to move far to grab something to eat. If you fancy seeing the coast from the comfort of a boat trip, then you could go to Fontane Bianche which is a twenty-five-minute drive away, this is a lovely beach which offers private boat hire or tours. When you wish to relax and enjoy the local natural surroundings; try going for a hike or a paddle in the clear waters of the protected area of Plemmirio which is just minutes away from the villa. This 12km of coast is filled with stunning caves, beaches, cliffs and protected plants and animals and is a wonderful place to relax or give bird watching a try. The cities of Syracuse at 12km away and Noto at 35km away are filled with historical attractions, museums, artisan shops and a huge selection of bars and restaurants and are some of the highlights of the island. Another highlight, Mount Etna, is a little further out at around ninety-minutes away by car but if you get the chance to go, it is well the trip. Take the circular train up to the top for an easy ride enjoying the views or take part in a walking tour of Europe’s largest volcano!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 9.00 p.m. Late arrivals, if agreed, will be charged €50 (paid locally).
- Departure time : 8.00 a.m. - 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included up to 300 kWh. Extra consumption to be paid locally (€0.30/kWh).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes. Bath towels changed twice a week and linen changed weekly.
- Pets welcome? : Small pets are welcome on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday approximately July to end-August. Flexible during all other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights approximately July to end-August, 5 nights during all other periods.
- Heating costs included? : Included up to 300 kWh. Extra consumption to be paid locally (€0.30/kWh).
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pool towels included? : Yes, changed weekly.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately April to end-November. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Other Ts and Cs : This property has four air-conditioning units.
- Other Ts and Cs : Whilst this property can accommodate 8 guests, please note that one guest will be sleeping on a sofa bed. Please see the 'Features' tab for full details.