Villa Lorena at Sicilia
Villa Lorena is a cosy house by the tranquil village of Scopello. Modern furnishings and minimalist design gives the interior a cool and invigorating feel, in perfect harmony with the fresh sea air which rolls in from the water beyond. The rooms have a light, simple decor, cultivated by modernist artwork and contemporary decoration throughout.
From the crisp and bright interior one can step onto the sun drenched veranda; an abundance of lush Mediterranean plants among the sweet scented garden set the scene for a cooling dip in the pool. An outdoor kitchen with a wood fired oven is convenient and well equipped barbecue provides an enchanting spot with a pretty view from which to cook.
A second veranda shaded naturally by pink pepper trees and equipped with a wooden dining table is charming setting for an al fresco meal. Views of the sea beyond add an irrefutable magic and charm to the property. The third bedroom, a double, is...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
West of Palermo, just after Castellammare del Golfo, the coastline becomes rugged and spectacular. Part of the coastline in question is home to Lo Zingaro Nature Reserve, which stretches along the coast for 7km besides the lovely little village of Scopello in the east to near San Vito Lo Capo in the west. Created in 1981, this park and its surrounding areas are one of the most beautiful parts of western Sicily. Lo Zingaro has been shaped by nature to dramatic effect. Cliffs drop precipitously into the azure sea and the series of pebbly beaches hidden amongst a myriad of coves are as lovely as you can find in the Mediterranean. The park attracts both walkers and bathers alike and in the summer, when many beaches are overcrowded, it is a good idea to head for Lo Zingaro, walk for half an hour and find relative isolation on a virtually deserted beach. At the edge of the Zingaro Nature reserve lies the ancient Scopello (from the Greek word "Skopelos" that means "cliff”), a small, pleasant village that was built around a 16th-century “baglio”, on the site of a former Moorish hamlet. As you will discover, this nice courtyard is now the heart of the village. Here, ceramics and souvenirs shops, as well as boutiques, cafés and restaurants lie under the shadow of a large eucalyptus. On the road to Trapani one can spot the idyllically situated Greek temple of Segesta, one of the Mediterranean’s finest archaeological sites.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €300 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 pm
- Departure time : 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen & bath towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Heating costs included? : Not included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Internet access? : €20 Internet Wi-Fi (Prepaid card 20H)
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra beds can be hired at €100/week. Cots and high chairs can be hired at €30/item/week.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately March to mid November (openings outside these periods may be requested and are subjecto to an extra charge of €100/week, payable locally). Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Only the 6-guests prices include access to the annex.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. In low season, short-breaks may be accepted. Please enquire.