Villa Romeo at Umbria
The first stones of Villa Romeo were laid in the fourteenth century, and over the years, this country home has been expanded and renovated by the same family. In the sixteenth century, beautiful frescos were added which can still be seen and more recently outbuildings have been utilised, and the house has been modernised. The long history of the villa has been retained during restorations, and the original features and antique furnishings add to the beauty and charm of the place.
Today, the villa which sits in a valley in the breath-taking region of Umbria is used as a holiday home and is set up to offer guests all the home comforts and amenities they need. The villa is ideal for a large family or for hosting a special occasion such as a birthday or wedding celebration. Eighteen people can be accommodated across the main building and a separate apartment, so there is plenty of space for everyone to unwind. The rustic yet...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Tucked into a hillside close to the towns of Trevi and Spoleto is this spacious and charming home which is the perfect base to retreat to after a busy day of exploring the fantastic surrounding areas. Near your villa, there are plenty of little towns and villages with great restaurants, artisan shops and bars. Villa Romeo is located in Umbria which is known as the green heart of Italy. This means you are surrounded by dense woodlands, open countryside and farms making local wine and olive oil. The countryside contains lots of little villages and towns which pop up on hilltops puncturing through the vast greenery. The rolling countryside offers plenty of places for you to visit on your holiday and you can try out a wealth of outdoor activities nearby. You could walk some of the ancient pilgrim road the Via Francigena, take horse-riding lessons or head out on horseback through the olive groves and pine forests or how about trying rafting or mountain biking, all of these activities can be found locally and are great ways to enjoy the region’s beauty. Umbria is known for both its wine and its olive oil and if you are a fan of either of these then you are well-placed to take part in a tour or tasting experience at local farms. If you prefer your tours to involve a bit more history and culture then a great way to explore local towns is to book on to a guided walking tour with experienced guides who are able to show you hidden gems. A little further out from your closest towns and villages are two great places to visit: Assisi which is 33km away and Perugia which is 48km away. In Assisi, you will spot the huge Basilica of St. Francis which is a much-loved attraction and dominates the landscape. The Basilica is made up of three churches on top of each other and is packed with art-work and highly renowned frescos. There are also fantastic traditional restaurants in the town and artisan shops selling balsamic vinegar, olive oil and lovely ceramics. If you are feeling adventurous, you could even paraglide over Assisi and enjoy the best possible views of the area. Perugia is a little further away but is also a lovely place to visit for a day trip and is also famous for its Jazz Festival! Off the main square the Piazza IV Novembre you will find museums, churches, a palace, lovely fountains and lots of winding streets filled with shops, cafes and restaurants.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 charged to client’s credit card by the owner upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 8.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights June - September and Christmas. 3 nights during all other periods.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost based on consumption, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in all bedrooms (except the ground floor bedroom) and throughout the apartment.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note the gorgeous barn is available on request only to host weddings and other special events. Additional charges apply, please enquire for a quote.