Terrific Traditional Home with Pool near Biarritz
Stay in style near Biarritz in this stunning grand house with private pool within walking distance to a renowned surfing beach and a wonderful golf course. This traditional Maison de Maître has been completely renovated by a well-regarded local architect who has created a beautiful abode which combines gorgeous character with contemporary flair.
Step inside the huge living room with its intricately tiled floor, original fireplace and light flooding in from the French windows, then wander through to the uber-modern extension with its sleek kitchen-diner and sliding doors opening up to the swimming pool and garden.
The five bedrooms over three floors are minimalist yet chic with a sense of authenticity in their subtle characterful features whilst the bathrooms are elegant and stylish. Up on the very top floor the bunk-bed bedroom will delight the kids under the sloping ceilings.
The swimming pool is just the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison des Vagues is in a semi-residential/tourist area just off the road between Biarritz and Bidart, within walking distance to the beautiful Plage d'Ilbarritz, an absolute mecca for surfers. There’s a small supermarket within walking distance which is open every day, a couple of restaurants nearby and you are also close to a horse-riding centre and Golf Ilbarritz, a nine-hole golf course with wonderful sea views. Lac de Mouriscot is also close, a lovely and tranquil place for walking and wildlife spotting. Backing Plage d'Ilbarritz are a couple of great summer restaurants and bars which are well-known in the area; fantastic spots to watch the sun-set, dine, listen to music and even dance well into the night. This beach is very popular with surfers and there’s a watersports centre offering surfing, stand-up paddle boarding and body boarding as well as lessons. Just to the north, Plage de Milady is another beautiful sandy beach backed by a little playground great for youngsters and Plage de la Côte des Basques, another popular spot for surfing. Head down the road and you can catch the summer shuttle bus that runs to Biarritz (4km). Stroll along La Grande Plage, admiring the Art Deco architecture such as the grand Hôtel Du Palais, dine in one of the sea-food restaurants in the Port Vieux and pick up all sorts of wonderful regional produce at Les Halles de Biarritz market. To the south there’s the charming suburb of Bidart (3km), a lovely Basque village with a handful of restaurants, a bakery and an air of authenticity. Climb down the cliffside steps to the beautiful ‘Plage des 100 Marches’ and watch surfers ride the waves as you relax looking over the ocean. Guéthary (6km) is also a great place to visit for its restaurants, bars, surfing hang-outs and overall cool vibe. Keen walkers can follow parts of the 25km long trail following the coast as far as the Spanish border, passing through places such as St Jean de Luz (12km) and Ciboure (13km), both wonderful places to visit in their own right. If you walk south from Bidart you are gazing at the magnificent Rhune mountain as well as glorious ocean vistas. You can also spend the day discovering more of the beautiful Basque interiors with delightful villages such as Ainhoa (24km) and Sare (23km) around half an hour away by car, both classified as one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’. Just outside Sare you can take a charming wooden train up to the summit of La Rhune where you can admire the amazing landscapes around you.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 paid to the owner by bank transfer two weeks before arrival and refunded three weeks after departure at the very latest, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Pool towels can be rented at the cost of €8 per towel, please advise us if required before your final balance is due.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Changeover day :
- Minimum stay :
- Pets welcome? :
- Smoking Allowed? :
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Tax :
- Insurance :
- Other Ts and Cs :
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 5 nights between beginning-April and end-June. 7 nights in all other periods.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms upon booking confirmation.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy may be requested by the owner before or upon arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.