Stylish Modern 18th Century Home with Alpilles Views
This 18th century shepherd’s dwelling has been transformed into a home steeped in beauty, luxury and comfort which makes the most of is truly extraordinary views.
Smaller windows once designed to keep out winter cold have been replaced with vast expanses of glass doors and windows through which the rugged Alpilles are showcased. Immediately around the villa and heated pool are beautifully designed terraces, precisely planted beds and clipped lawns behind which a gentle, fragrant lavender field leads the eye towards the remainder of the spacious grounds. The wild, stark buttresses of the mountains contrast superbly with the more managed verdure of the foreground.
Open the huge view-framing doors and lie back in the indoor heated pool after a quick ride on the fitness bike or sit just anywhere in the living area to be overwhelmed by the location. Furnishings are simple and tasteful to avoid distracting the gaze, with the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
This secluded holiday home is to be found in Les Alpilles Natural Park, a wonderful area of vineyards, exquisite villages and summer sunflowers. Chic and cosmopolitan St-Rémy-de-Provence (5km) is only a short drive away, a town synonymous with Van Gogh who found artistic inspiration in its light and beautiful landscapes. Resident artists now sell their own work in the village galleries and there are plenty of good eating places to be found including Michelin starred restaurants. Don’t miss the Wednesday morning market where you can sample and buy a variety of regional food. Les Baux-de-Provence (13km), one of France’s acclaimed Plus Beaux Villages, is a medieval gem perched on a rocky outcrop where you can view the golf course below. Head a few kilometres south from Baux to find the picturesque village of Mausanne, well known for its amazing olive oil produced in its two remaining windmills where you can sample the produce. Eygalières (10km) is another one of the prettiest spots in Provence, a small hill-top village with winding lanes, authentic charm and superb views across Les Alpilles Natural Park. Many A-list celebrities have unsurprisingly bought villas here - there is a church, bakery, butcher, a handful of restaurants, cafes and bars as well as a typical Provençal market on a Friday morning. Having explored the local town and villages, travel northwards towards the Rhône and the bustling city of Avignon (25km), once the centre of the Roman Catholic world, and visit the Pope’s Palace and Saint Benezet Bridge, two UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The weekend farmer’s, flower and flea markets sell good local produce – pick up a bunch of flowers here for your holiday dining table. The dramatic mountain ranges and idyllic villages of the extraordinary Luberon region are only a drive away. For more adventure head south-west towards the historic city of Arles (30km), well known for its fascinating Roman remains, particularly the Amphitheatre. It’s also a gateway to the wild wonders of La Camargue with its beaches, lagoons, rice fields, galloping white horses and iconic pink flamingos. There are so many family activities to pursue here including horse riding, trekking, quad biking and jeep tours across this untamed landscape.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €4000 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? :
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax :
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy must be provided to the owner minimum one month before arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms upon booking confirmation.