Trullo Le Fate at Puglia
In the Puglian countryside, surrounded by landscapes of olive and fruit trees, Trullo Le Fate is a stylish home in a wonderful setting just a short drive from Ostuni, one of northern Salento’s most enchanting towns and UNESCO-protected site.
The original <i>trullo</i> dates back to the mid-19th century when it was still common for locals to live in <i>trulli </i>across this part of Puglia. It has been lovingly renovated in 2019; climb into the cosy raised bed in the alcove or sit back in the pretty armchair in a relaxation corner and there’s even a characterful shower room. Personal touches such as little <i>objets d’art</i> and antique furniture add both quality and warmth.
Two further bedrooms can be found in a new home, created beside the <i>trullo </i>and built from stone allowing it to blend in perfectly with its surroundings. The owner, an interior design...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Trullo Le Fate is located in the Puglian countryside in northern Salento, perfectly situated between the towns of Ostuni and Ceglie Messapica, just twenty minutes from the Adriatic coastline. Ostuni (7km), also known as <i>'La Città Bianca'</i>, is a beautiful hilltop town with a maze of narrow lanes, alleyways and steep staircases where you can discover historic architecture, white-washed houses with colourful doors and trailing flowers, pretty restaurants as well as amazing views of the surrounding olive groves and Adriatic sea. The 15th century cathedral can be found at the very top and well worth the effort. Look out for the vibrant market on the edge of town on a Saturday morning where locals gather to buy all sorts of regional produce. Also close by is Ceglie Messapica (7km), a picturesque town dating back to medieval times which has a particularly good reputation for its cuisine. Discover some great shops selling local delights as well as food and drink festivities across the year. There are some very good restaurants in and around the town ranging from authentic trattorias to the Michelin starred Al Fornello da Ricci. Ceglie Messapica doesn’t tend to attract the crowds of some of the other more famous towns in this region so there’s a real sense of authenticity as you wander around. There are some incredible beaches along the Adriatic coast, around twenty minutes by car. Look out for Torre Guaceto (30km) with its nature reserve featuring sand dunes and lagoons or discover the sandy beaches of Lido Morelli (20km) and Torre Pozzelle (18km). There are other great beaches on the Ionian side, around an hour away. Turquoise coloured seas, rocky beaches and sandy shores make this area just as popular in the summer. Campomarino (52km), near the protected dunes and forests, is one of the best beaches with its fine sand and clear sea. Alberobello (33km), a UNESCO World Heritage site with<i> trulli</i> dating back to the 14th century, as well as picturesque Martina Franca (24km), Locorotondo (25km) and Cisternino (17km), one of Italy’s ‘<i>Borghi più Belli’</i>, are all within easy reach. Across this region you will also find horse-riding, cycling, mountain biking, incredible walks, golf, a variety of watersports as well as olive oil and wine-tasting.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid to the owner upon arrival and refunded after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, up to a threshold after which charges apply (payable locally).
- Heating costs included? : Yes, up to a threshold after which charges apply (payable locally).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes. Mid-stay linen/towel change on request at an extra cost, payable locally.
- Pool towels included? : Yes. Mid-stay towel change on request at an extra cost, payable locally.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean for bookings of two weeks also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 6 nights (can be less in low season, on request).
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : This property sleeps 6 guests comfortably, whilst a further 2 guests may be accommodated on a sofa bed. Please see the 'Features' tab for full details
- Other Ts and Cs : One highchair and cot are available, on request.