Impressive Luxury 11 Bedroom Chateau with Magnificent Garden and Enjoying Beautiful Views over Saint Victoire Mountain
Chateau du Vieux Palais is an exceptionally magnificent masterpiece which is utterly unrivalled and surpasses all expectations. Enjoying superb views over the Saint Victoire mountain, the property dates back to the 17th Century when it was built for the Archbishop with breathtakingly luxurious taste.
Today, the chateau has been elegantly restored providing all the necessary luxurious comforts whilst still maintaining its character, Provençal charm and history. The ruins of the Archbishop’s historic seat grace the extensive estate and reign next to the original chapel and <i>Bastide</i>. The estate’s grounds are a playground of dreams for the whole family, with a private swimming pool, tennis court, table tennis, boules court and boundless gardens and parklands to explore. There is also a fabulous artisan chocolate maker in the nearby village.
The charming <i>Bastide</i> is beautifully...
At a glance
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Outdoor Dining Area
Chateau du Vieux Palais is conveniently located just a short 20-minute drive from the centre of the beautiful city of Aix-en-Provence. The city alone is abundant with historical sights, museums, markets and restaurants, providing you with plenty of cultural and Provencal encounters. The city and surrounding area was the inspiration for countless artists including Renoir, Cezanne and Picasso who highlighted the beauty of the region. The surrounding countryside is full of romance with breath-taking vistas, miles of vineyards, acres of lavender fields, mouth-watering cuisine and the tranquillity of all the small market towns. The Provence is the perfect region for cycling or hiking, you are also ideally located within a short drive of the coast and the beautiful Cote d’Azur, or for an adventure a little further, the Alpes du Sud are only 2hrs drive away. The local area boasts a great selection of activities for all the family to enjoy: <b>Horse-back riding:</b> Cap Rando – 30 Km/30 mins Drive <b>Water-sports:</b> Speedwater Park – 26 Km/25 mins Drive <b>Fishing:</b> Sea Fishing in Marseille (calanques): 51 Km/1 Hour drive <b>Hiking:</b> Montagne Sainte Victoire: 30 Km/ 30 mins Drive <b>Canoeing/Kayaking:</b> Raskas Kayak – 43½Km/40 mins Drive <b>Historical Sites:</b> - Aix-en-Provence: 8 Km/15 mins Drive - Old City - Cathedrale St Sauveur - Town Hall - Market Places - Pavillon de Vendome - Hotel de Caumont - Mossy Fountain - Workshop of Paul Cezanne <b>Cassis</b> – 58 Km/40 mins Drive <b>Silvacane Abbey</b> – 22½ Km/25 mins Drive <b>Lourmarin</b> – 30 Km/30 mins Drive <b>Wine-tasting tours</b> - Chateau la Coste - 8 Km/10 mins Drive - Chateau Beaulieu – 13 Km/15 mins Drive <b>Surfing:</b> Paddle - Marseille <b>Mountain-biking:</b> - Forest of Trevarese – 3km - Montagne Sainte Victoire - 30 km/30 mins drive
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €5000 paid at the time of booking via credit card or bank transfer
- Arrival time : 16.00
- Departure time : 12.00
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Linen, Bath & Pool Towels included
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. 7 hrs maid service per day included.
- Pool heating charge? : €75 per day on request. The pool is open from June to September.
- Internet access? : Yes
- Tax : Included
- Minimum stay : 3 nights for weddings & events. Otherwise 7 nights.
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- Pets welcome? : On request
- Other Ts and Cs : Events are available on request.
- Minimum stay : 2017: 3 nights (Friday to Monday) in January-May & October-mid December. 7 nights during all other periods. 2018: 3 nights (Friday to Monday) from January to April and from November to mid December.
- Heating costs included? : Included, except in Winter when based on usage and to be paid locally.