Lovely Rustic Barn Style 5 Bedroom Country Home in the Heart of Burgundy
Maison Bourguignonne is the ideal family home in the heart of Burgundy. It sits in a peaceful setting surrounded by lush countryside and stunning views over the Morvan National Park, yet within a 25-minute walk to a charming market village.
The village is one of the largest in the Morvan. It has all amenities including good local restaurants, various boulangeries, a butcher, an excellent cheese shop, antique shop and a small weekly market, as well as a large monthly market which takes over the whole village. There are also other pretty walks in the area which lead to the village. It even has a Lido with tennis facilities.
This 200-year-old barn has been restored with care and features many rustic and charming features like exposed wooden beams, stone walls, terracotta floors and a large stone fireplace with wood-burning stove. Modern creature comforts have not been forgotten and include flat screen TV with Bose...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison Bourguignonne sits in the outskirts of a peaceful rural village in the Burgundian department of Nievre, within the beautiful Morvan Regional Nature Park. The village is about 25-minute walk away (2.1km, up a hill) or 5-minute drive and has plenty of restaurants, bistros, boulangeries, charcuteries, boutiques, a weekly market and many other amenities. There is also a Regional Tourist Information office in the village. This is an absolute paradise for nature lovers: incredible woodlands, mountains, hills, waterfalls, rivers and quaint traditional villages to explore. Choose among endless leisure activities such as cycling, hiking, horse-back riding, golf, tennis, canoeing, fishing, rafting, sailing, windsurfing and a lot more. In the park, you will also find two museums and cafes. Furthermore, the French Grand Prix Circuit is just 40 minutes away. Burgundy is also well known for its vineyards, so a wine tasting experience is highly recommended.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £300 – paid prior to arrival to the owner
- (guests are sent a link to pay via WorldPay online or they can pay over the telephone)
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes (mid-week clean for 2-week bookings not included, 5% discount offered).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels (mid-week change for 2-week bookings not included, 5% discount offered).
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and special events: not allowed. Family celebrations: allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from approximately beginning of May to end-September.
- Security deposit : €500 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Other 2 : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms before their arrival.