Chateau Du Bonheur at Occitanie
Château du Bonheur has been admired since the 19th Century, when it first took up its place as an impressive Maison de Maître on 28 acres of fields, woodland and walking trails, just 35 minutes from Toulouse. Its legacy continues now as an elegant, newly restored modern home which embraces its past and all the character that it has offered this grand residence.
Original features such as high ceilings and windows, original shutters and magnificent fireplaces show off alongside their modern partners – state of the art bathrooms, a sleek kitchen and modern comforts. The clever touch of their designer means that the two styles live in perfect harmony to create a bright and inspiring setting with a hint of fun, which brings its guests pure joy.
Here, there is everything to make you never leave; trails for rambles, woodland to explore and a swimming pool for lazing around – your own peaceful and private retreat....
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Set in 28 acres of beautiful lawns, meadows and woodland, there are walking trails on your doorstep and young adventurers can go wild in the woods. The closest village is a five minute drive away where you will find some local stores and the magnificent sixteenth century castle, restored to its former glory last century and now open to visitors. In the other direction, around ten minutes away, is the medieval hilltop village of Le Fousseret where you will find a small selection of restaurants, cafes and a supermarket. There is a great choice of fun family activities in the area such as the local Wakeboard Park which offers watersports such as paddle boarding plus beach volleyball, trampolining and petanque, all just twelve kilometres away. Go-karting for all ages is twenty minutes by car where you will find a modern outdoor go-kart for both children and adults to enjoy. Furthermore, space lovers must not miss the fantastic Cite-Espace, just on the outskirts of nearby Toulouse, a popular interactive attraction where you can discover real space craft and learn all about the universe. The beauty of the Haute Garonne is yours to discover with pretty villages and towns such as nearby Carbonne and Cazares or a little further to the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Albi and Carcassone. Saint Bertrand de Comminges, often claimed to be one of the prettiest villages in France, is just under an hours drive, with its stunning cathedral and overlooked by the foothills of the Pyrenees. Keen walkers and cyclers should discover the Canal du Midi which has tow paths following the canal past beautiful countryside, bastides, bell towers and windmills. One of the highlights of the area, however, has to be the cosmopolitan city of Toulouse, which you can easily drive to under an hour. ‘La Ville Rose’, named because of the beautiful red-brick architecture in the city and pretty shades of pink, especially in the narrow cobbled streets of old town, is France’s fourth largest city. Enjoy the excellent regional cuisine in one of the many lively bistros, take an aperitif overlooking the twinkling lights of the Garonne river or enjoy the Spanish influence in one of the many tapas bars across the city. In summer months you can take an hour long cruise and see the city from a barge on the Garonne and Canal du Midi. For those looking for more peaceful retreats, the beautiful Pyrenees, which can be seen from the chateau, are within an hours drive. As well as pretty villages and stunning scenery, there is a wealth of activities available from snow-sports, hiking, mountain biking and white water rafting in the summer.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £800 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival
- Arrival time : 3.00 p.m. - access via secure key safe
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m. - access via secure key safe
- Energy costs included? : yes
- Heating costs included? : yes
- Linen & towels included? : yes, including pool towels
- End of stay cleaning included? : yes
- Smoking Allowed? : no
- Pets welcome? : no
- Minimum stay : 4 nights
- Changeover day : any day of the week
- Other Ts and Cs : Stag/Hen parties are not allowed. Weddings and other celebrations are permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is available from June to October