Faro Rosso Estate at Sardegna
The Faro Rosso Estate is a decadent combination of the great Faro Rosso lighthouse as well as the old lighthouse army squadron barracks - now known as the Casa Malfatano. Both of these opulent properties are Italy’s only military buildings to be converted into guest accommodation. They will create the most historical of backdrops to begin your own Sardinian adventure.
Located on the southern most tip of Sardinia island, the Faro Rosso Estate is based in a completely private nature reserve of the coastal region of Chia. Clearly placed as such to guide ships, the views offered by this estate go beyond any of the passing vessels, providing guests with a glimpse into the infinite, enabling inspiration, reflection and ultimate contemplation. This gorgeous Mediterranean vista hints at passion, power and the stories of those who have also enveloped themselves in such raw, natural beauty.
After 160 years, the lighthouse itself is...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
On the southern most tip of Sardinia, lies the beautiful coastal region of Chia. This idyllic stretch of coast is home to many a picturesque beach, stunning nature and of course, is steeped in history. Chia is a rare beauty, with hillsides overflowing with Juniper, Mastic and Myrtle and a consistently warm temperature which barely ever drops to below 15 degrees centigrade. Around the beaches of Chia there are plenty of things to do including boat trips, snorkelling, sun bathing and of course, lovely coastal walks, all with fantastic views of the ocean. The nearby beaches of Sa Colonia and Arveskida are also home to a night scene with bars and a small number of clubs, perfect for a night cap before a moonlight stroll on the beach. Nearby sights include Chia Tower which offers fantastic views of the ocean and is itself an interesting place to visit due to its history as a lookout against pirate raids. There is also a golf course in the area along with several shops. Further up the Chia coast is the historical town of Nora which is a must visit. Nora is home to the archaeological ruins of an Ancient Roman city, containing beautiful temples, mosaics and even Roman Baths. There is also the famed Nora Lagoon which is as gorgeous as it sounds.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Arrival time : 3.00 pm
- Departure time : 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen & bath towels are included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Heating costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Included in the rental price
- Other Ts and Cs : A non-refundable 50% deposit is required to confirm the booking (or full payment if booking within 12 weeks of departure).
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that the prices shown are a guide only - please contact us for a tailor-made quotation and to check availability, which is always on request.