Unique Creative Cottage Retreat in Brittany
Le Cocon was conceived by its creative and talented owner with a vision in mind: to create a romantic hideaway cottage in Brittany for couples to escape to and enjoy each other’s company in a charming and unique setting full of inspiration and personal touches.
This quirky cottage is like a glamorous little jewellery box filled with delights for the eyes and senses… an attractive array of vintage, antique and modern pieces, all individually selected and choreographed by the owner.
But Le Cocon is not only a feast for the eye. It is also very comfortable and newly renovated. A romantic bedroom with free standing copper bath, good quality mattress and crisp hand-dyed vintage bed linen is under the eaves upstairs and oozes character. Downstairs there is a small, well-equipped kitchen and living-dining room with fireplace and sofa, perfect for lounging on whilst watching a movie. There is also a marbled wet-room with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Le Cocon sits in a marvellous spot in the heart of the charming Cotes D'Armor area of the Brittany region. Located within walking distance to the picturesque village of Langourla, the cottage is perfectly situated as a springboard for days out: everything you could possibly want is within an hour's drive. For those who fancy some relaxation by the sea, there are beautiful beaches such as Dinard, Erquy and Binic. Moreover, there are many walking paths along the Emerald coast as well as plenty of sight-seeing opportunities due to the abundance of historical villages and towns. Less than a 5-minute drive away is Saint Launeuc, which boasts three restaurants (one offering a la carte menu with seasonal, locally sourced produce and an excellent wine list!), a creperie and a small bistro. This village is surrounded by large forested area of 2,200 hectares where one can do horse riding, biking, fishing or hunting excursions all of which can be booked through a fantastic local hotel mixing modern and traditional style. Alternatively, the owner would be delighted to make the enquiries and bookings on your behalf. The nearest large town is Merdrignac (12km) where you will find a large supermarket, petrol station, restaurants, bars and a traditional market every Wednesday morning. There are many other lively local markets on every week such as Broons (12km, Wednesday morning) and Dinan (33km, Thursdays). This is an interesting medieval city where you can easily pass a full day admiring its beautiful cobble streets, the stunning port and enjoy several bars and restaurants. Futher places which are also well worth a visit include the historical town of Moncontour which will host the "Fete Medievale" in August 2017, a sight to see. Finally, vintage shopping and flea market lovers will be spoilt for choice: feel free to ask for recommendations to the lovely owner, who will also be happy to take you on a tour of her favourite hidden gems!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes
- Heating costs included? : No. Fire logs are also provided free of charge.
- Changeover day : Saturday
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from Mid-June to Mid-September, 3 nights otherwise.
- Pets welcome? : No
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that children and infants are not permitted at Le Cocon