Michiana Beach House
- 6 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- 16 Guests
Nestled in the rolling dunes of Michiana with incredible views of Lake Michigan at every turn, this waterfront home is sure to please with its artful blend of classic, vintage, and contemporary style. This lakefront property includes both a fivebedroom main house and a onebedroom guest house, creating an ideal space for an extended family vacation or a reunion with friends. You’ll have access to beautiful outdoor entertainment areas that include a heated swimming pool in a spacious courtyard with wideplank decking, an expansive screened porch, multiple terraced stone patios with views that can reach all the way to the Chicago skyline, and access to a private beach down a flight of stairs.
Pass through a grand entryway to enter the main house, where you’ll be greeted by a spacious custom kitchen with vintagestyle cabinets, topoftheline appliances, reclaimed architectural elements, a center island with seating for four, and a...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Fitness Center: Community
Washer On Property
Air Conditioning: Central
Dryer On Property
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 14 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 14 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 14 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 14 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- By booking this reservation, you agree to the additional policies, terms, and conditions below.
- UNIT SPECIFIC TERMS
- Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 25 years of age to book. Guests under 25 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
- No dogs are welcome in this home. No other animals are allowed without specific Property Manager approval.
- The property shall not be used by more than the number of adults and children listed in your reservation.
- All guests shall abide by Property Managers good neighbor policy and shall not engage in illegal activity. Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- If early checkin is available for your reservation, you will be notified by 9 a.m. on the morning of your arrival by email. Late checkout is offered whenever possible for a small fee.
- No smoking of any kind is permitted anywhere on the premises.
- No commercial photography or filming is permitted on the property. Tents or other structures may not be erected.
- Renter is liable for any damage to the property and agrees to accept charges to the card on file should damage occur during occupancy.
- Due to local laws, regulations, or Homeowner Association rules, guests may be required to agree to additional terms of service. A signed paper contract is required to be completed and returned to Property Manager.
- Property Specific terms
- RECREATIONAL AMENITY LIABILITY ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND WAIVER
- This Recreational Amenities Acknowledgment and Liability Waiver Waiver is executed for the Owner and for Property Manager LLC, a Delaware limited liability company Property Manager and any relevant Property Manager subsidiary that operates in the state where the Property defined below is located, and is hereby incorporated, as UnitSpecific Terms, into the Vacation Rental Agreement between Property Manager and Renter as defined in the Vacation Rental Agreement for rental of the Property.
- 1. BACKGROUND.
- Owner is party to a certain Vacation Rental Management Agreement, under which, Property Manager provides Vacation Rental Management services for the rental property specified in a confirmed reservation the Property. Renter agrees to inform all other guests and persons accessing the Property collectively, Occupants of the terms of this Waiver, and to ensure that all Occupants understand and comply with the Waiver terms and take all necessary preventative measures to avoid the risk of loss or injury.
- The Property may allow guest access to or use of the following recreational amenities the Recreational Amenities
- a swimming pool or hot tub andor
- access to the shoreline of, or a dock on, a lake, pond, or ocean
- USE OF ALL RECREATIONAL AMENITIES IS AT RENTERS AND OCCUPANTS OWN RISK.
- 2. ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF POTENTIAL HAZARDS
- Due to a variety of factors, including weather and water conditions, these Recreational Amenities may not be available, functional or safely usable at the time of your stay.
- Swimming Pool or Hot Tub
- Renter and Occupants acknowledge that swimming andor diving is an inherently dangerous recreational activity with risks of BODILY INJURY including, but not limited to chemical irritation, impact injuries from diving or jumping into the pool, electrocution, entrapment, and drowning and DEATH. RENTER AND OCCUPANTS SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NO LIFEGUARD IS PRESENT AND THAT THESE CONDITIONS COULD POSE A SPECIAL RISK TO CHILDREN.
- Children under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult at all times during use of the swimming pool.
- Use of Shoreline or Dock
- Renter and Occupants acknowledge that access to and use of the shoreline area or dock can be dangerous, and that swimming and other water recreation is an inherently dangerous recreational activity with risk of BODILY INJURY AND DEATH including but not limited to drowning and hypothermia. Access to the shoreline area and use of the dock may be hazardous due to water temperature or conditions and the possible presence of natural and artificial hazards and obstacles. Renter and Occupants agree to assume all the risks, known and unknown, associated with the use of or access to the shoreline or dock and swimming or other use of the water. Renter and Occupants agree to take all necessary preventative measures to avoid risks of injury and death, including the use of personal flotation devices as needed. RENTER AND OCCUPANTS SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NO LIFEGUARD IS PRESENT AND THAT THESE CONDITIONS COULD POSE A SPECIAL RISK TO CHILDREN. Children under the age of 18 should be supervised by an adult at all times when near the shoreline, on the dock, or in the water.
- 3. WAIVER AND RELEASE INDEMNIFICATION
- RENTER AND OCCUPANTS HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO BRING SUIT AGAINST THE OWNER AND Property Manager, INCLUDING ANY PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AND THEIR OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES collectively, Released Parties FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, OR ANY OTHER LOSSES OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM USE OF THE RECREATIONAL AMENITIES DESCRIBED IN THIS WAIVER.
- ADDITIONALLY, RENTER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FROM RENTER, OCCUPANTS, THIRD PARTIES, OR THEIR HEIRS OR NEXT OF KIN THAT RESULT IN ANY LOSSES, COSTS INCLUDING ATTORNEYS FEES, DAMAGES OR EXPENSES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE RECREATIONAL AMENITIES DESCRIBED IN THIS WAIVER.
- Renter agrees to and accepts the terms of this Waiver on behalf of every person in the Renters party.
- DAMAGE WAIVER
- The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a damage waiver fee USD with the following costs, plus tax if applicable
- 0 bedrooms 60 for stays 13 nights, 15 per night for stays 4 nights.
- 1 bedrooms 60 for stays 13 nights, 15 per night for stays 4 nights.
- 2 bedrooms 80 for stays 13 nights, 20 per night for stays 4 nights.
- 3 bedrooms 100 for stays 13 nights, 25 per night for stays 4 nights.
- 4 bedrooms 100 for stays 13 nights, 25 per night for stays 4 nights.
- 5 bedrooms 120 for stays 13 nights, 30 per night for stays 4 nights.
- 6 bedrooms 120 for stays 13 nights, 30 per night for stays 4 nights.
- 7 bedrooms 140 for stays 13 nights, 35 per night for stays 4 nights.
- 8 bedrooms 140 for stays 13 nights, 35 per night for stays 4 nights.
- This fee does not apply to stays of 90 or more nights
- The Damage Waiver covers you for up to 3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents such as furniture, fixtures, and appliances as long as you report the incident to Property Manager prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
- How to Report Damage
- Please report accidental damage as soon as it occurs so we can assess and minimize the extent of the damages.
- Damage Waiver Additional Terms and Conditions
- The Damage Waiver only covers damage that occurs during the authorized rental period and that Renter or an authorized guest reports PRIOR TO CHECK OUT.
- The Damage Waiver does not cover intentional damage or damage caused by smoking, pets or other animals brought onto the Property, or criminal activity.
- The Damage Waiver does not cover damage to any structure other than the Property covered by your confirmed, nonfraudulent reservation.
- Renter is responsible for any accidental damage that exceeds 3,000. Damages for covered claims in excess of 3,000 or for uncovered claims will be charged to the Renters credit card.
- The Damage Waiver program is provided and administered by Property Manager and is not an insurance policy. The Damage Waiver does not provide liability coverage and does not cover vehicles or guest personal items.
- This property is managed by Property Manager Michigan LLC.
- There is a 60day cancellation policy for this home. If the reservation is cancelled at least 60 days before checkin, the guest can receive a full refund. If the reservation is cancelled after 60 days before checkin, the guest will not receive a refund.
- Village of Michiana, Michigan Rules, Regulations, and Restrictions for All Residents and Renters
- Contact Numbers
- Police Emergency situations, always dial 911. To leave a nonemergency message for a Michiana Officer, dial 2694691884 please note the officer may not respond until the next business day. So, if you need to talk with the officer on duty please call 866 6307679 the operator will radio the officer on duty for you. Please sign up for police community alerts www.nixle.com Village Office 2694694600 hours 9 am to 4 pm EST, Monday Friday
- Noise Ordinance and Public Disturbance Ordinances
- No person shall, in any manner, disturb the peace and goodwill of the neighborhood, which includes disturbing neighbors with excessive noise and excessively bright outdoor lighting. Construction noise with a permit is restricted to the following Eastern Time Monday Friday 8 am to 5 pm Saturday ten am to 5 pm
- Beach Rules
- Unattended beach items may not be left on the beach overnight and may be removed by village personnel. In order to protect all beach goers, no glass is allowed on the beach and all refuse should be deposited in the garbage containers available at beach stops, if full please carry garbage back home and dispose. No dogs on the beach between ten am and 6 pm EST from Memorial Day through Labor Day. All dog waste must be removed by owner. The State of Michigan requires all dogs to be on a leash even at the beach and all public areas. Beach fires allowed with permit only. Permits available at the Village Office, a deposit of ten0 is required, refundable after fire site is checked to assure it has been completely cleared of all debris in the morning. No items may be chained to the kayak racks or stairs. Ord. 201704 All Watercraft must have a permit if left on beach ten for residents 20 nonresidents. Only Kayaks should be placed in the racks all permits should be placed on front left side. Beaches close at 1am EST.
- All Watercraft must be removed on the Beach by October 31st
- All wheels must be parked off the roadway
- Parking at Stop 41 requires that Village Homeowners purchase parking tags ten each
- for the first two 50 each additional tags Tags are valid April 1st through the following March 30. To avoid a ticket, tags with the correct year must be visible on the dash board or hanging from the rearview mirror. Overflow parking for residents is available at the Village Hall. No overnight parking at the Village Hall without prior approval of a Michiana Police officer. Golf cart stickers are available to homeowners each year for ten to allow parking at Stop 41.
- Garbage and Recycling
- Garbage and recycling bins should be at the street, opening facing the street, by
- TamEST on Monday morning Tuesday mornings following Holidays Recycling is every other week throughout the year and weekly from Memorial Day
- through Labor Day.
- It is the responsibility of the homeowner to ensure that garbage is placed in secure
- receptacles and any litter resulting from their refuse is cleaned up in a timely manner.
- GarbageRecycle questions go to www.lakeshorerecycle.com
- Fireworks are illegal in the Village of Michiana on all public lands and beaches at all times they are permitted on private property only the day before, the day of and the day after a national holiday. Fines are between 150500. Ord. 201703
- Emergency Shelter
- The Village Hall is an emergency shelter, heated or cooled by generator in emergency situations. In addition, free WIFI is available at the Village Hall at all times. Just bring your computer and sit on the porch or in your car for computer access.
- Village Speed Limit is 25mph in the playground area. Please slow down as the Village streets are shared by walkers, runners, bikers and very excited, little children running to the beach.
- RESIDENTS, WHO CHOOSE TO RENT THEIR PROPERTY, ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A COPY OF THESE RULES, REGULATIONS, AND RESTRICTIONS TO THEIR RENTERS AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THEIR RENTERS.
- Please visit our web page at MichianaVillage.org