Bird’s Nest Pool House
Come and stay in the Bird’s Nest Pool House, a five-bedroom home in the desirable Sturgeon Beach neighborhood of New Buffalo, where you’ll be only 800 feet (and a flight of 50 stairs) from a private association beach. Enjoy a private heated swimming pool that’s available all summer, a new eight-person hot tub (added in 2019), and such at-home comforts as an electric vehicle charger, central air conditioning, and your very own washer/dryer.
The main floor features an open floor plan with a living room, a dining area with a table for eight, a breakfast bar with seating for four, and a fully equipped kitchen. Just off the kitchen is a screened-in porch overlooking the pool, where you can barbecue chicken and steaks on the gas grill and sit down for al fresco dinners with your loved ones. The upper level is home to a master bedroom with a king-size bed, an en suite bathroom, and a balcony overlooking the pool that’s shared with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Street Side Parking
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 30 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 30 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 30 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 30 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- By booking this reservation, you agree to the additional policies, terms, and conditions below.
- UNIT SPECIFIC TERMS
- - Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 25 years of age to book. Guests under 25 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
- - 1 dog(s) are welcome in this home. No other animals are allowed without specific Vacasa approval.
- - The property shall not be used by more than the number of adults and children listed in your reservation.
- - All guests shall abide by Vacasa’s good neighbor policy and shall not engage in illegal activity. Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- - If early check-in is available for your reservation, you will be notified by 9 a.m. on the morning of your arrival by email. Late check-out is offered whenever possible for a small fee.
- - No smoking of any kind is permitted anywhere on the premises.
- - No commercial photography or filming is permitted on the property. Tents or other structures may not be erected.
- - Renter is liable for any damage to the property and agrees to accept charges to the card on file should damage occur during occupancy.
- - Due to local laws, regulations, or Homeowner Association rules, guests may be required to agree to additional terms of service. A signed paper contract is required to be completed and returned to Vacasa.
- - Property Specific terms:
- This property is managed by Vacasa Michigan LLC.
- STURGEON BEACH ASSOCIATION GUIDELINES
- Welcome to Sturgeon Beach! Property owners, and their guests, all come to Sturgeon Beach to enjoy our beautiful and tranquil surroundings. The following guidelines were established to ensure that we all have an opportunity to have fun without interfering in other's enjoyment, and also to maintain the safety and cleanliness of our neighborhood and beach. Thank you for following these guidelines.
- Use only designated easements for access to the beach. If you're uncertain of the proper location to access the beach, please ask a property owner. Do not park any vehicles at the beach easements. Read the rip tide information posted at the top of the beach stairs. No glass containers allowed on the beach. Bring a trash bag to the beach and remove all garbage. Place bagged trash in the association garbage cans at the top of the beach stairs near Marquette Road or bring to your house if that can is full. Do not use chairs or other beach equipment that doesn't belong to you. We have a very limited amount of space for residents to keep beach chairs at the bottom of the stairs. We ask guests to remove all belongings when not in use. Anything left by the stairs after November 1st will be discarded. Please do not dig holes in the sand as they pose a danger to those playing/ walking on the beach. Dismantle beach structures and return the surface of the sand to its original condition when you leave each day.
- Park only the allowed number of vehicles in the designated parking spots for the property you're occupying. Do not park on the roadway if it will result in the obstruction of traffic. Our streets are narrow and there must be room for emergency vehicles to pass should the need arise. Again, there is no parking allowed at the beach entrances.
- ROADWAY SPEED LIMITS
- Please remember that “our roads are our sidewalks”. The maximum speed limit is 20 MPH. It is imperative to drive slower during the busy summer months when pedestrian traffic increases, especially near the easements. Please use extra caution when it's dark and also when our unpaved roads are dusty.
- The Sturgeon Beach Association discourages the use of all fireworks anywhere in our community due to the fact that they may pose a danger by starting fires or inflicting personal injury. We expect all persons to comply with Michigan state and local ordinances pertaining to fireworks.
- HOUSEHOLD TRASH
- Please put all trash in plastic garbage bags and place inside garbage containers that are assigned to your property only. Do not use other homeowner's trash containers or leave bagged garbage on the ground.
- Please be considerate of your neighbors! New Buffalo has a noise ordinance that enforces quiet hours beginning at 11PM Michigan time. Outside noise travels quite far in our neighborhood so please move indoors during quiet hours. Also, be considerate of families at the beach. Loud music, profane language and public intoxication are not tolerated and violators will be asked to leave.
- OUTDOOR FIRES
- If your home is equipped with a fire pit, please use extreme caution, do not leave fires unattended, and be certain fires are extinguished before leaving. Please be aware of weather conditions to be certain embers and smoke do not blow into neighbor's homes. If you do not have a dedicated fire pit, do not have an outdoor fire.
- THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR FOLLOWING THE STURGEON BEACH ASSOCIATION GUIDELINES SO THAT EVERYONE CAN ENJOY THEIR TIME HERE!!