Villa De Marineu at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
A year round delight, Villa de Marineu is an elegant, modern restoration of an old French farmhouse set in the peaceful Dordogne countryside. Decorated with charming furnishings and quirky touches that nod back to the rural past of this house, this is an ideal family holiday home.
Spend days of absolute relaxation around the 5 x 10 metre pool, or in the exquisite landscaped gardens and take in the undiscovered joys of this region, famed for its unspoilt natural beauty. The two terraces are a real highlight and ensure you can find shade on the scorching summer days, or set yourself up on the sun loungers and top up the tan.
Surrounded by tall trees on one side, and with nothing but rolling green fields on the other there is the perfect combination of privacy and gorgeous views to keep all guests happy. There is also a fantastic concierge service on hand to help tailor make your stay, and make sure your French...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Périgord is a region where the cultural, natural and gastronomic riches have made the reputation. This area in the north of the region is known as the Périgord Vert, the name coming from the forests of clear oak and chestnut trees, and the wetlands, and meadows that make up the landscape. Located forty kilometers north-west of Perigueux, in the natural park Périgord-Limousin, and just 10 minutes from Brantôme, Chateau de Marineu is at the heart of the Périgord Vert, famous for its beautiful heritage, and its 1000 castles and mansions. You'll also find countless Romanesque churches and abbeys, picturesque medieval villages, along small country roads, and a warm, welcoming character. Discover gastronomic specialities of the region, their walnut oil, porcini, and foie gras. You can't leave without tasting the black truffle, the wines of Bergerac, potatoes "Sarlat", walnuts, chestnuts and strawberries from Périgord. Other attractions to discover in and around Périgord include: - Brantôme, the Venice of Perigord, the Abbey - Périgueux (prefecture), its cathedral, the Périgord museum, Abbey Chancelade - Angoulême (40 minutes) - Bordeaux (1:30), the city, the wine - Bourdeilles castle - Villebois-Lavalette - Sorges, the truffle market - The Castle of Puyguilhem - Prehistoric Caves of Villars - Peat Vendoire - Nontron, its church, castle - Varaignes castle - Baroque Music Festival (August)
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : After 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : Before 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (July and August) or 4 nights at other times.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.