La Maison Du Sud at Occitanie
DWe’ll let you in on a little secret...this property is one of a kind.
La Maison du Sud has been refurbished in such a unique, simple and yet stylish way, keeping the authenticity of the house by leaving exposed bricks and beams and then adding antique furniture and modern furnishings to create a wonderful home where guests can relax and simply wind down.
This is a real village house offering the real South of France village experience. With the house sitting right on one of the village squares, you will be neighbours with the elderly locals who have remained in the village, whilst for shops, restaurants and sitting in cafès, the charming town of Uzès is only a 12-15 minute drive away.
The Village is surrounded by orchards, rolling Hills, country roads and ponds which is typical of the South of France and the area offers plenty to do like walking, golf, cycling, exploring historical towns and wondering...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The house is located in a village surrounded by beautiful hills and countryside with some wonderful hikes in the immediate area and beyond. You will find cafes, restaurants and shops in the historical town of Uzès, about 15km drive away. Here you will find wonderful bakeries, amazing patisseries, a good choice of restaurants and large supermarkets. The owners can provide you with an extensive list of restaurants Uzès and surrounding area whether you are looking for rustic local cuisine, family-friendly places or fine-dining. Uzès is one of the prettiest historic towns in the area with an impressive cathedral and Le Jardin de Medieval in the heart of the town. There’s a farmers market on a Wednesday morning with amazing local produce or head to the town on a Saturday morning where the market sells food, clothes, jewellery and more. The villages surrounding Uzès also host night time markets in July and August with food, wine, music, arts and crafts with everything sold made locally. Children will love the Haribo museum in Uzès with the best ever sweet shop at the end. There are also wonderful green spaces perfect for picnics, walking and playing sports such as Vallée de L’Eure with the river full of swans and ducks, the original source of water that used to flow over the Pont du Gard. La Ferme Enchanteé is about 20 minutes south of Uzès with farm animals and lots of activities for children. This area is full of activities for all ages such as canoeing under the Pont du Gard on Gardon River or following the winding roads up to Gorges de l’Ardèche. You can hire bicycles locally, there is an equestrian centre nearby and you can even take a trip in a horse drawn carriage into the countryside with picnics or wine tasting included. There are of course so many beautiful villages, towns and sights to discover in the nearby area. The exquisite city of Nîmes and the famous Pont du Gard, charming Avignon and the idyllic Provencal villages such as Gordes, Arles, Roussillon, Le Baux de Provence, St Remy de Provence and Les Apilles National Park. The stunning Camargue is about an hour south of Uzès and guests can enjoy the 75km of sandy beaches, some more isolated than others and see the wildlife so famous in this area from birds and flamingos to the bulls and beautiful Camargue horses.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Pets welcome? : No
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels
- Security deposit : €900 charged to client's credit card prior to arrival
- Arrival time : Between 4pm and 7pm. A €20 late check-in fee applies.
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Heating costs included? : Yes
- Pool heating charge? : No
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August, flexible otherwise
- End of stay cleaning included? : €165 cash upon arrival
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in July and August, 3 nights otherwise
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms before their arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Barbecues are not permitted for risk of fire.