La Vieille Maison d’Art at Occitanie
La Vieille Maison d’Art is a 600-year old traditional stone Maison de Maître just a few steps away from the River Rhône, where peaceful riverside walks await.
It’s in a small, tranquil village right in the centre of the ‘Golden Triangle’ between Nimes, Arles, and Avignon. The village, with its handful of cafes and a small boulangerie, dates back to medieval times and still has tiny streets once suitable for horses rather than cars, offering a peaceful setting, perfect for experiencing true Provençal village life. This is a beautiful and historic area that has been famous for its culture since pre-Roman times and boasts local food markets, museums and the Camargue only a 30-minute drive away.
The renovation has been sympathetic and calculated; simple and preserving most of the original features and materials, which create a ‘step back in time’ full of character and charm. Stone floors and walls, old fireplaces and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
La Vieille Maison d’Art is perfectly located on the left bank of the Rhone River in a tiny village boasting tradition, heritage, local produce and a delicious speciality sausage! It offers a simple selection of local amenities with a bakery, post office, local bars and a small supermarket, perfect for the daily essentials. From here you can enjoy a wonderful walk along the river to Avignon, watching the barges float by and collect wild thyme and figs. Throughout the year, and especially during the summer months, the village hosts a variety of events and festivities including markets, feasts and the Camargue Races. The surrounding area is abundant with castles, caves, mills and many other interesting sights for all the family to enjoy. Many of the local villages offer a selection of activities including horse riding in Lansac (8km), canoeing and kayaking along the Gardon River (15km) and wine tasting tours in the famous village of Chateau Neuf des Papes. Notably, Avignon, is a must-see UNESCO World Heritage Site, with the well preserved old town protected by its ramparts and the 14th Century Palace of the Popes. The town is a wonderful day out with historical monuments, museums and churches to satisfy all your cultural needs. There are also many events, including the famous ‘in’ and ‘off’ festival which takes place every year in July. Similarly, the towns of Nimes and Arles are full of history and culture with markets offering all the fabulous delicacies of the region including wines, cheeses and charcuterie, as well as the Montmajour Abbey and Roman ruins. The Provence countryside boasts beautiful scenery ideal for exploring on foot or by bicycle. The towns of St Remy de Provence and Les Beaux de Provence offer the charm and beauty of true Provençal life, with winding streets and pavement cafes with many boutiques and treats for all to indulge in and enjoy.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 via bank transfer to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection. Alternatively, €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 16.00
- Departure time : 10.00
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen & bath towels provided. Emergency extra sheets available if required.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement may apply.
- Changeover day : Saturday. Other days on request only & may be subject to a charge.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (all other durations on request only).
- Heating costs included? : Yes
- Other Ts and Cs : Maximum Capacity: 16 adults + 2 children.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms before their arrival.
- Insurance : Clients shall provide a copy of his/her travel insurance prior to access to the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.