Chateau Romenay at Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
Located in a 70,000 m2 park in the heart of charming Burgundy, Château Romenay is a magnificent property dating back to 1571.
Sleeping up to 20 guests in impressive en-suite bedrooms, it is celebrating its grand opening in Spring 2016, offering the most modern facilities along with an amazing range of leisure outdoor and indoor activities.
Surrounded by centenary trees, extensive fields and a private fishing lake, you get the impression of having a kingdom just for yourself.
Tastefully designed and renovated previously by its former Swiss owner, the château has recently benefitted from the skilled, expert restoration of its current owners. The final outcome is astonishing, with a more than perfect balance between tradition and comfort.
The main features of the property include a gorgeous salt treated, heated swimming pool (11X6m) equipped with an automatic cover. For those who wish to keep fit and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Chateau Romenay sits in the South of Burgundy, only 3 km away from its homonymous village, where you will find: three restaurants, a supermarket, a bakery, a bank, a post office, a tourist office as well as local shops, newsagents, a pharmacy, three doctors and a hairdresser. Tournus (15km) is a nice little town with an interesting Abbey and cloister, as well as a lively Saturday morning market, not to mention its excellent Michelin starred restaurants. In Louhans (15kms) we recommend a visit to the Monday morning market (the biggest one in Burgundy) strolling down the charming pedestrian streets with 156 arcades, where you will find local products and plenty of women clothes and accessories. The strategic location of the Chateau is also ideal to explore the vineyards of Burgundy, Beaujolais and Jura. A bit further afield are Macon (30 km), Beaune (75 km) and Lyon (100 km), which also hosts the closest airport (120 km). Alternatively, you can fly to Geneve (150 km).
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Arrival time : 3:00 p.m.
- Departure time : 9:30 a.m.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Changeover day : Friday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that access to and use of the property is restricted to the guests on the booking and is subject to the maximum occupancy stated.