Amazing Chateau with 25 Acres of Land in the Heart of Gascony
The beautiful Chateau Cedre is blessed with its enviable location, half way between Bordeaux and Toulouse in the heart of Gascony and near enough to both the Dordogne and the Lot-et-Garonne.
This listed ‘Monument Historique’ was once an ancient fortress before becoming an Italian palace in the 17th century. Now it provides a setting full of elegant charm and authenticity where guests are treated to ancient stone arches and a majestic courtyard.
The 25 acres of private parkland are rich with 18th and 19th century plantations of Lebanese and Atlas cedar, cypress, oak, Siberian elm and no less than 100 different essences to discover hidden away in the vast grounds.
The south terrace boasts unrivalled panoramic views over the magical rural landscape and the bedrooms in ’the logis’ offer views over the valley.
Accommodation at Chateau Cedre consists of two charming guest houses which accommodate up to 24 guests in...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The Lot-et-Garonne region remains one of France's best kept secrets with all the attractive aspects of the Dordogne, yet without the crowds. There are the rolling hills, fields of sunflowers and beautiful, unspoilt countryside to explore and enjoy. Driving the the country lanes you will discover endless traditional market towns, picturesque villages and fruit orchards. Local to the chateau is the small market village of Mezin where you will find a fortified church and a weekly Sunday market. The main town to visit is Agen with its lively streets with plenty of shopping opportunities and pavement cafes to simply relax and watch life pass you by. The surrounding area also boasts several of France's most beautiful villages which are certainly worth a visit.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2500 to be paid via bank transfer prior to arrival.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m. for holiday bookings / 9.00 a.m. for weddings.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m. for holiday bookings / 6.00 p.m. for weddings.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : €50/day for the Logis and the Maison. Heating of the reception halls is charged separately and based on consumption.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, Bath & Pool towels provided.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €400. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Changeover day : Wednesday or Thursday for weekly rentals (weekend included). Flexible for weddings.
- Smoking Allowed? : Yes, except in the bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from 9-12/14-18 (opening hours subject to change). Please note that the swimming pool is also used on occasion by the owners of the château.
- Internet access? : Yes
- Minimum stay : 4 nights for holiday bookings, 3 nights for weddings.
- Tax : Tourist tax: 0,50€ per night per adult to be paid locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Customers are required to have a public liability insurance for 'accommodation' and 'venues'.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and celebrations are permitted on request.