Great Villa with Pool and Gardens in Pézenas
It’s rare to find a villa with a beautiful swimming pool set in secluded gardens yet also within a short stroll to one of southern France’s most delightful towns. Maison Petunia Blanche enjoys all of this and more, located in historic Pézenas yet also close to the vineyards, villages and idyllic landscapes of the Languedoc-Roussillon.
An artist’s home, bold artwork adorns the walls and sculptures are proudly displayed in the large living and dining space, a room filled with light from the large bay doors that lead straight to the gardens. The bright kitchen is superbly equipped with its convivial kitchen island and doors out to an alfresco terrace.
Four inviting bedrooms include a spacious master double with its own sunken bath and there’s also a simpler fifth bedroom for extra space if needed, allowing this warm and welcoming home to sleep up to nine guests.
The garden is your own corner of paradise with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison Petunia Blanche enjoys an enviable location in the beautiful and historic town of Pézenas in the Languedoc-Roussillon region of France. Down a narrow country lane, it’s just a five-minute walk into the heart of Pézenas with all its amazing restaurants, shops and attractions. Pézenas is one of southern France’s most delightful towns and is especially well known for its links to Molière; visit the L'illustre Théâtre for regular performances of his work. Pézenas is a town filled with art and history; you can admire its architecture across the town with some especially beautiful 16th to 18th century mansions or simply potter around its art galleries, antique shops and studios. The market on a Saturday morning, dating back to the 14th century, is one of the best in the region and there are lots of restaurants and pretty cafes serving local specialities. In July and August look out for the Friday evening event ‘Les Estivales’ when night markets bring Pézenas to life with live music, wonderful street food and of course lots of local wine. This area is wonderful for lovers of wine with so many Languedoc vineyards scattered across the surrounding countryside. Personal tours and tastings can be arranged and many of the wineries host wonderful lunches in the vineyards for a truly magical experience. As well as places to visit within a short distance of Pézenas, you can also head north to try the appellation around Faugères (24km). You can also enjoy chilled local white wine served with oysters from the nearby Étang de Thau in Mèze (19km) or take a boat trip to visit the oyster beds of Bouzigues. Mèze is also a great place to visit for its various markets (including weekly night markets in the summer) and all sorts of events and festivities throughout the year, including summer jousting tournaments, so typical of this area. Along the Mediterranean coastline enjoy the long sandy beaches in Sète (40km), all sorts of family attractions in and around Cap d'Agde (28km) and other water-based activities along Marseillan Plage (30km). This is one of the great joys of Languedoc – the contrast between historic towns, idyllic villages and the seaside, all so close to each other. Heading in the other direction, there are also watersports at the lovely Lac de Salagou (32km) where you can wind-surf, canoe, kayak or paddle-board in the lake. It’s a really tranquil spot and also wonderful for its walking, hiking and mountain bike trails. Perhaps combine with a visit to Clermont-l'Hérault (22km), the capital of the Languedoc-Roussillon region, where you should buy some local olive oil made in the town’s mill. You can also hire canoes along the river Orb near Cessenon-sur-Orb and Béziers. Indeed, Béziers (25km) is a great place to visit to experience authentic Languedoc, especially in August during the four-day long feria with its bullfighting and festivities. This is also a good location for some of France’s UNESCO World Heritage sites with the village of Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert (42km) just forty minutes away and even the magnificent city of Carcassonne (105km), a superb day out.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €700 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded via bank transfer 14 days after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, except for stays longer than 2 weeks, in which case charges will apply.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately mid-May to end-September (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming). Additional dates are on request and if accepted subject to a supplement of €150-€300 per week.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax is deducted from the security deposit (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.