Casa Palanca at Toscana
Casa Palanca is a bright and airy holiday villa situated in a residential area close to the historic city of Lucca.
The well-maintained house is decorated in a rustic cottage style with exposed beams and traditional terracotta tiles which give the house a warm and welcoming feel. The cosy living area features a pretty fireplace and has lovely doors leading out to the garden whilst the charming kitchen-diner is ideal for cooking up a Tuscan feast.
The two-bedroom home is a great base for a family or a small group of friends to stay who wish to explore the wonderful surrounding town and cities or you could simply while away your days relaxing by your lovely private pool or dining al-fresco under the delightful covered patio.
There are plenty of amenities near to the house, with shops and restaurants just a short walk away and charming Tuscan villages within a short drive. When you are looking for...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Situated in a residential area close to local shops and restaurants, Casa Palanca is an ideal base for an Italian holiday in Tuscany. Due to the great location, you are perfectly placed to enjoy the best of the Tuscan countryside as well as all of the culture and excitement of some of the most popular Italian cities. Just 11km from your villa is the breathtaking city of Lucca which has enough attractions to fill all of your days if you want to stay local. A guided tour is a brilliant way to learn about Lucca’s history and find other attractions to visit along the way. There is one guided tour available which combines a walk around the walls of the city with wine tasting at different locations, a perfect way to spend an afternoon. Or if you are more of a foodie then there are many cookery classes at nearby farms or in the centre of Lucca, including pasta making courses. Viareggio is another great town to visit. The town has a thriving centre with plenty of shops and restaurants but is also on the coast so there are ports and beaches as far as the eye can see! Make sure you give the local seafood a try while you are there, though the kids may prefer a trip to one of the ice-cream parlours on the promenade. In the opposite direction is Pisa which has much more than its famous Leaning Tower to offer, though a visit to the main attraction is often enjoyed by everyone. A walk along the River Arno is great for getting away from the main tourist trail, have a drink in a local bar or look out the for lovely 14th century Palazzo Blu, a palace turned art gallery tucked away by the river. A day out in Florence is another highlight of this area with its amazing art galleries, palazzi and churches. South of Florence, explore the famous Chianti hills, visiting vineyards and idyllic hilltop towns such as Castellina in Chianti, Certaldo and San Gimignano, all around ninety minutes away.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €200 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 8.00 a.m. - 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €90, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights March to mid-March, July and August and mid-November. 2-5 nights minimum stay during all other periods.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost on consumption, payable locally (on request).
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : When minimum occupancy is booked, certain rooms may not be accessible (subject to owner's discretion) - best to enquire with us beforehand