Exquisite Stunning Stylish Country Manor Home with Tree House and Pool in Dartmoor National Park
Puggiestone is an exquisite country manor house with a tremendous indoor heated swimming pool set within beautiful gardens. Boasting magnificent bucolic views from its elevated position on the outskirts of the gorgeous up market village of Chagford within the popular Dartmoor National Park. An elegant contemporary style has been achieved by combining hip and elegant minimalist décor with high quality furnishings throughout.
Entering through the classical front door, the welcoming hallway leads through to the delightfully airy and spacious living room. Comfortable soft furnishings abound, and the configuration is set up to showcase the incredible vista afforded from the large glass sliding doors leading out to both the beautifully manicured gardens and an attractive courtyard with seating and adjacent to the indoor pool house. The large open plan kitchen/diner is luxuriously equipped, and a cleverly designed wall to ceiling...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Located in the lovely Devon countryside, within the popular Dartmoor National Park, Puggiestone House is the ideal house for an up market and comfortable stay with groups of friends or family get together's. Walking distance from Puggiestone, the local village of Chagford is one of Devon's finest market villages and has just been named in The Sunday Times' list of 'Great Place To Live'. Chagford boasts an impressive array of independent shops including a wonderful family-owned butcher called 'Andy', an extensive bakery for pasties and sweet treats, Black's Deli specialising in local produce like scrumptious Homity pies, a fine wine merchant and no less than four pubs, all serving food and offering a fireside welcome. As well as the village pubs serving food, there are two cafes serving light meals and snacks and for fine dining there's Michelin starred 'Gidleigh Park', just a short stroll up the country lane from Puggiestone. The village even has its own outdoor swimming pool, chosen as one of the best outdoor pools in the world by Conde Nast Traveller Magazine no less. Not bad for a local village amenity! <b>LOCAL EVENTS GUIDE FOR 2020</b> <i>Exeter Food & Drink Festival</i> 8th - 10th May 2020 <link https://exeterfoodanddrinkfestival.co.uk/>https://exeterfoodanddrinkfestival.co.uk/</link> <i>Chagstock Music Festival</i> 24th - 25th July 2020 <link https://chagstock.info/ - external-link-new-window "Opens external link in new window">https://chagstock.info/</link> <i>Okehampton Show</i> Thursday 13th August 2020 <link https://www.okehamptonshow.co.uk/>https://www.okehamptonshow.co.uk/</link> <i>Monthly Events at Gidleigh Park Hotel, within easy walking distance from Puggiestone House</i> <link https://www.gidleigh.co.uk/events-diary>https://www.gidleigh.co.uk/events-diary</link> <i>Many more local events listed month by month on Visit Dartmoor</i> <link https://www.visitdartmoor.co.uk/whats-on/events-highlights>https://www.visitdartmoor.co.uk/whats-on/events-highlights</link>
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1,000 (payable 7 days before your arrival, and returned within 14 days, after confirmation of no damages or excessive cleaning)
- Arrival time : After 4.00pm
- Departure time : Before 10.00am
- Pets welcome? : Yes, a maximum of 2 small dogs are allowed at the owners discretion. There is a £50 charge (per stay) for the 1st dog and a £25 charge (per stay) for the 2nd dog. Please also note that dogs are restricted to the kitchen only when inside the house.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes
- Internet access? : Yes
- Minimum stay : 3 nights
- Smoking Allowed? : Strict no-smoking policy at the property
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Heating costs included? : Yes