Tack Room Cottage at County Galway
Tack Room Cottage is a sedate, elegant home clad in original stone with stable doors and abundant period charm, fused with every contemporary comfort, to provide a refined, genteel home nestled within the Lough Cutra Castle Estate in County Galway.
This warm and inviting home was converted in the 1920s from the former tack rooms for the estate’s many stables; set within a charming, private cobbled courtyard, with its own entrance and parking. This sumptuous home has fairy tale views of the majestic, awe-inspiring castle.
Tack Room Cottage epitomises “accessible grandeur” - this unique home blends cosy, soft-lit home-spun warmth with ornate, lavish and opulent design touches! Busting with polished antique dark-toned timber, artefacts, plush fabrics and prints, Tack Room Cottage has abundant characterful panache and flamboyant charm - a far cry from an anonymous chain hotel!
In a stylish, charismatic blend...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Within the castle grounds, there are so many opportunities to enjoy unspoilt nature and wildlife; whether it be boating and fishing on Europe's largest privately held lake, horse riding, biking or trekking town a myriad of trails, this is a nature lover’s paradise! The delightful gardens comprise elegant lawns, as well as mysterious wooded paths and trails County Galway, on the western coast of Ireland, is known for its particularly rugged and windswept beauty as well as its more traditional and rural way of life; a visit to this region will provide an authentic taste of the true spirit of Ireland! This region comprising a compelling and sometimes tragic history, a rich and vibrant architectural heritage with its abundant castles as well as sublime beauty: cliffs, rugged and sandy coastline, islands and bogs. Among top picks would be a visit to the Aran Islands; the islands are famous for their prehistoric and Christian monuments including the spectacular Dún Aengus. The unique landscape of the islands showcases thousands of miles of stone walls, cliff-top walks and spectacular coastal scenery. The Cliffs of Moher is one of Ireland's most visited tourist attractions. Situated in North-West Clare between the villages of Liscannor and Doolin, the Cliffs of Moher are one of Ireland's most spectacular natural wonders. Galway City has a vibrant and bohemian art scene, as well as eclectic culture, exceptional food and music. As well as being a popular seaside destination with long sandy beaches, Galway is also a thriving and cosmopolitan city centre. It is always a joy to explore with its wonderful cobbled streets, colourful shop facades, and its offbeat and artisan café and bar culture!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Arrival time : 16.00
- Departure time : 10.00
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : No
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay