Chateau Ferme at Occitanie
Chateau Ferme is an authentic tobacco farm situated on the borders of Tarn et Garonne and Lot et Garonne, a region sometimes known as the Tuscany of France. This beautiful estate is set in a sweeping landscape, where the laughter of large groups of melon pickers or the soft drone of tractors can be heard from the fields in the distance.
Today, the chateau is a working sunflower farm that has 13 luxurious rooms all with en suite bathrooms, making it ideal for a stay with family, friends or other groups. In spite of the many luxurious touches, the chateau remains a throwback to centuries past, even if it has been thoroughly redecorated.
Chateau Ferme has a wonderful stone swimming pool, beautiful sunny and shady spots, a large communal kitchen for cooking, long tables for dining in the evenings, a cinema where you can watch a film after sunset and a pool room where you can play a last game of pool before turning in for the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The local area is ideal for walking, exploring fine medieval villages, antique markets, horse-riding tours, playing golf and more. There are wonderful villages in the neighbourhood. Castelsagrat (2 km) is the closest village to get bread, a newspaper and a cup of coffee. A nice place to have lunch is under the medieval open marketplace in Saint Maurin where the owners are friendly and the lunch menu of the day is simple but good. St Maurin is 4 km in the other direction and you will pass Montjoi village on the way which is walking distance from the house. Roquecor and Lauzerte are larger villages that have the same charm but are busier with nice restaurants, cafes, boutiques and shops. The most exquisite place for lunch and dinner and a wonderful experience is the three star restaurant of Michel Trama. It’s an absolute must but expensive. His restaurant “Aubergade” is internationally renowned and a 10 minute drive at Puymirol. It has been redecorated by famous interior designer Garcia. Don’t be surprised to find celebrities dining here. Lunch and the house wine are great and reasonably priced. There are daily markets and schedules are announced in the local newspaper. Local farmers sell their produce here. Don’t miss the spring-only strawberry variety “Gariguettes” filling the stands or the bundles of green asparagus. Look out for announcements for antique markets (Brocantes or vide-greniers) on the roadside at roundabouts or intersections. Moissac (15 km) has a beautiful church and an impressive monastery visited by pilgrims on their way to Santiago de Compostella. Next to the monastery is the Bistro de l‘abbaye on the church square where lunch outside is wonderful in the shade of the magnolia trees. Toulouse is a one hour drive over a comfortable highway. It’s a beautiful city and perfect for shopaholics. Its easy to reach with the train from Agen. Cahors is a ¾ hour drive and an option for visiting wine estates. A hot tourist attraction is St Emilion: the authentic wine town next to Bordeaux with wine history at every corner. Bordeaux is a stunning city at 1½ hours. There is a water-amusement park at Agen (20 km). For small children you should check out the clear clean water of the Séoune at the waterfall at “Rikiki plage”. This is a few kilometres on the D60 to the east. It has a small sandy beach between the trees, a meadow and a waterside tree with a rope tied to it. Mostly you will be the only ones there but sometimes another family will put their picnic baskets on the meadow too. There are several horse-back riding facilities in the neighbourhood and there is a small child-friendly one on the way to Roquecor. There is a little restaurant too where the lady of the house makes a perfect steak on the hearth for lunch or dinner.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €350, paid locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Pool heating charge? : Extra €250, payable locally.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights approximately April to mid-June and mid-September to October. 7 nights during all other periods.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.